Today is my dad’s birthday and I saw this awesome idea for the boys to do for him. It was for like a father’s day gift but I changed the word from Dad to Bapa (what the boys call him). This was so easy to make and I thought it was so precious and hopefully something that will be kept for years to come. Thank you Pinterest YET AGAIN for saving the day. I really MUST meet who created this site because it really rocks!
Now the lady painted her canvas and then cut out the hands using paper. I traced the boys hands and upper arm and then painted them (well I painted Caden, Cole did his own).
- Start with a blank Canvas
- Paint your canvas. I like my backgrounds mottled. But you can paint it nicely just one color if you like. (I skipped this part)
- Trace your kid's arms and hands onto fun paper. (This is where I just traced kids arm and hand onto canvas)
- Modge Podge and plaster the hands down. Make sure you leave enough room to paint your saying on. (Since I skipped paper part, I skipped this part also)
- Print your saying using cute fonts, onto regular paper.
- On the back of your paper, scribble with a pencil to make a transfer. Make sure you get all of the back of each letter covered.
- Put the paper on your canvas. Trace over your saying. It will leave a light imprint for you to paint the words in.
- Spray it with sealant or cover with some coats of Modge Podge. (Again I skipped this part)
Here is what mine turned out like:
Happy Birthday Dad, we love you!! This would be a good gift for father’s day or like I did for a birthday. Hope you try it, it was super easy and took very little time do!