Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday - Ham Quiche


One of my favorite bloggy friends is Kristie @ Kristie's Notes is awesome person and so great at passing along great recipes she also got me on a quiche kick. I just love them they are so easy and the kids love them. They are like pies so Cole think's they are super cool! One thing I did learn is the deep dish pie crust works best. I grabbed the wrong ones last time and let's just say my oven had a little accident and thanks to oven pan at the bottom that caught the most of it. I have included Kristie's recipe at the bottom but please check her out and here's a link to her post she did with this recipe:
http://kristiesnotes.blogspot.com/2009/02/ham-n-cheese-quiche.html



All you need :)

Eggs
Add the milk

Add the salt

Add Pepper

Add Garlic Salt

Add onions

Pour egg mixture over ham in the pie

Out of the oven



Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche
1 pastry shell (9inches)
1 cup diced fully cooked ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/8 cup chopped green pepper
1/8 cup chopped onion
3 eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion salt


Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.Place ham, cheese, green pepper and onion in the bottom of the pastry shell. In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into shell. Sprinkle onion salt over top of quiche. Cover edges with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh simplicity is what I would like today, and that does look damn yummy! I love ham, or should I say oink!

    Hope your weekend was fabulous darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made one very similar using a hash brown crust... my crazy husband doesn't like pie crust. I love a good quiche!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great as always and I seriously would love to know how in the world you have time to make all of this yummy food all the time and manage to take pictures too. I'm usually running around like crazy just to get food on the table without burning it or one of the kids having a meltdown (which usually both happen by the way).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Egg pie week here? I love it!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I'm in love with quiche! Just so ya know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eggs, cheese and ham -- My favorite!
    Thanks for sharing! I'm for sure making one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my favorite one! Must be the ham! :-)

    I actually made the bean soup with the ham bones yesterday. It turned out pretty good for the instructions I had. They went something like this: Wash beans and put in bottom of crock pot. Cover with water. Add ham bone, potatoes, celery, onion and carrots. Cover with water and cook all day on low. I don't do good without details of amounts. I was stressing! LOL! (The recipe was from Rich's grandma.)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover