Over this past weekend I was invited to a house party. Let me back up, I’ve been walking with a friend from my previous job. We post on FB about us walking. One day I get a private msg from a friend of hers. Turns out this girl was one of my very first roommates 15 years ago! I know small freaking world. Being the sweet person she is she invited me to their house party. Well you know me I can’t go in empty handed so I brought Jell-O shots and Cupcakes (I’ll show the cupcakes tomorrow). I thought with this being a celebration of the amazing people that fight for our freedom, why not do red, white and blue.
I found a Fourth of July Jell-O Shot that I played around with and I’ve found this to be the best layered shot around I’ve done so far.
Preparation: Lightly spray wells with bake spray. Wipe off excess (only a light coat is needed.)
- 1 large blueberry Jell-O Box
- 1 large strawberry Jell-O Box
- 2, 14oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 5 cups water; divided use
- 8, single packs of Knox Gelatin, divided use
- 2 cups of vodka, divided use
- Measure out 2 cups water into a bowl and sprinkle 2 packets of gelatin on top and allow to bloom for 2-3 minutes. Pour bloomed mixture into a saucepan over low heat. Stir mixture constantly until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and pour in blueberry Jell-O. Add ½ cup of vodka to blueberry Jell-O mixture and stir to combine.
- Repeat step two for the strawberry Jell-O.
- Empty sweetened, condensed milk into a bowl; set aside. Measure out 1 cup of water into a bowl. Sprinkle 4 packets of gelatin on top and allow to bloom for about 2-3 minutes. Pour bloomed mixture into a saucepan over low heat. Stir the mixture constantly until the gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and pour the dissolved gelatin into the sweetened ,condensed milk. Add 1 cup vodka to mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove chilled pan from refrigerator. Measure and pour evenly out strawberry Jell-O into wells. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for about 30 minutes to an hour to set.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator. Measure and pour evenly the sweetened, condensed milk on top of strawberry layer. Return pan to refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to an hour to set.
- Remove the pan from refrigerator. Measure and pour evenly of blueberry Jell-O on top of the sweetened, condensed milk layer. Return pan to refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to an hour to set.
- You can do smaller layers but I didn’t have time to do multiple layers so I just did the 3 layers.
Hope you try this for your next party, it was a lot of fun to make and watch the people enjoy.