Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, July 7, 2014

Despicable Me Birthday ... Snack Bar (Food Ideas & Printable Food Tents

HOLD ON IT'S A LONG POST WITH LOT'S OF IDEAS .. LOL.  

Next on the todo list was the food!  I had to do a fun sign "Caden's Snack Bar" and served the food in dog bowls like Gru served candy and water to the girls in the first movie.  I found the ideas of the snack bar sign and the shrunken moons on One Lucky Pickle, she has some great ideas for a Despicable me party check it out! 




Here is how I did the sign:
I made ovals for the minions (cutting off the bottom and sides)
Circles for the eyes and added a google eye
I made a "I" for the eye strip
And made his name in 2 colors to make it pop
Glue it all on with your craft glue.
Board found at the dollar tree.


Close up of the Sign:



For the food I found these simple Food Tents on Family Shopping Bag.  I took her template pasted into word doc and added some fun food names using the Minion font I downloaded.


Agne's Caterpillers
(AKA Cheese Puffs)
I'll show the how to do the bucket in a post soon. 

Cookie Robots
(aka Chocolate Chip Cookies)
Recipe on this POST HERE


Dr. Nefario's Brew
(aka Sprite and Blue Raspberry juice)


El Machio's Salsa and Chips
(AKA Salsa and Chips)

Gru's Guacamole
(aka Guacamole)

Shrunken Moon Pops

Cake Pops dipped in White Candy Melts
Sprayed with Wilton Silver Color Mist
One can ONLY did half so we had half dark side of the moon ... lol
ONE thing I've learned is on the cake pops it is easiest
to use a box cake and frosting in a can.
NOW you know this kills me but they always turn out best.


Unicorn Fur
(aka Cotton Candy)

Vector's Coconutties
(aka Coconut Cookies)
Recipe found on this POST HERE

Cupcakes 2 Versions
Recipes and how to found on this POST HERE



My AMAZING friend April carved a minion Watermelon
and stuffed it with fun fruit

S'More Bar
My parents have a fire pit at the waterfront
we end ALL parties with a bon fire and S'Mores :)

And for to wipe our mouths and eat the food with
I made Minion Napkin Rings


What you Need:
Yellow Napkins (Dollar Tree)
Blue Utensils (Dollar Tree)
Black Heavy Card Stock (cut into strips)
Googly Eyes (Dollar Tree)

How to make:

My Despicable Me Printables I put together click HERE.

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you I think this may have been the one that took my to the top ... lol but then we'll have another one ... hehe

      Delete
  2. Oh this is absolutely adorable. Zoe loves Minions, maybe an idea for her birthday next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My goodness...this is way too cute!!!! I love it!!!! I want you to plan my birthday party...I'll be 39 again. Hm, what would be a good theme???

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like so much fun. but i dont have the time to do all of this.. i love hearing about these events though. hope he had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! My kids love minions. Pinning this for the next birthday! Thank you :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looked like a fun party. I loved the decorations. Thanks for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you got a mom of the year award 'cause you sure deserve one! This is a totally awesome party and I would have loved to crash it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! This post is going to be featured over at Diana Rambles tomorrow and has been pinned in the Featured at Diana Rambles board at Pinterest, Tweeted, and Recommended on G+. Please grab a featured button off my sidebar or via the link under the features. Thanks for sharing this awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all great ideas, you should try a Minion Quesadilla, you can get the recipe here http://bit.ly/1JgcwPe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    Great job with the party planning! For the food tent, how did you get the text (food names) in? I pasted the template into Word, but wasn't able to get the text in the white box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, When in word I added a Text box and then typed in the words I wanted to use. You can make the borders clear and the inside of the box clear to using the commands in word. That way all that you see when you print is the words. :)

      Delete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover