Last week that stupid cold was still hanging on to me so I put this Slow Cooker White Bean Soup from Emily Bites into the crockpot. Made it the night I was leading my woman's group. Little would I know that I would be rear-ended that night and stand in the cold for 1 1/2 hours to have the turd take off and have no insurance. UGH so when I got home to find this soup done it was a double blessing!
- 8 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 (15 oz) cans of Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups reduced sodium fat free chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients except the salt and pepper in your slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- If you have an immersion blender: just stick it into the cooked soup and blend about 1/3-1/2 of the mixture so that when you stir together it’s chunky but also thicker and no longer brothy. If you are using a regular blender: just transfer 3 cups of the soup mixture into your blender and blend until thick and combined. Pour it back into the pot and stir until well combined
- Taste when finished and add salt and pepper as desired.
This soup was a crowd pleasure all around the house, give it a try!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.