Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pinterest Halloween

So My Spooky Halloween Must Do's folder on Pinterest was getting rather full and I decided it was time to try some of these items!  So hold on this will be a LONG post of many fun ideas!
Idea #1 - Pumpkin Lollipop Holder
I started with the Pumpkin Lollipop Holder! NOW here is the importance of READING the post before you just look at a picture and say I can do this on my own.  So the article tells you do use a fake pumpkin!! THAT would have been wise to read, but I didn't so I had a real one that I had Rick do.  Which with my hairdryer and his air gun we dried out the real pumpkin and added the lollipops with out much mess, so all in all it can be done!

For this project, it's best to use a synthetic foam pumpkin. (The moisture found in real pumpkin flesh will turn the lollipops' paper sticks soggy.)

1. Cover every other rib with low-tack masking tape, and then, using a flexible tape measure, make dots every 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches down the side of the pumpkin. Punch through dots with an awl, or use a power drill with a 9/64-inch bit; remove tape.  (I of course just had Rick eyeball it, no tape ... lol)

2. Fill holes with orange and chocolate-flavored pops, alternating flavors from one rib to the next and keeping sticks a uniform length to maintain the spherical shape. Top with a black paper bat bearing a message in opaque ink; place pumpkin on a table outside your front door and in a sheltered spot.

Idea #2 - Cookie Cutter Pumpkin
Next was to try the cookie cuter pumpkin method on Fresh Home Ideas.  I learned that metal cutters are the best.  One of my plastic cutters was sacrificed to try it out (let's just say it had a quick death).
  • Step 1: Tap Cookie Cutter
  • Step 2: Remove Cookie Cutter
  • Step 3: Carve Pumpkin
  • Step 4: Remove Shapes
  • Step 5: Insert Candle (I used LED candle)



Idea #3 - Vampire Teeth Cookies
We then move on to Vampire Teeth Cookies I found on Just a Pinch.  These were simple to make, they called for soft chocolate chip cookies.  Instead of buying store bought I found a recipe for Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Cookies.  I started with the cookies and then once they were cooled I decorated them.
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2.Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3.In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
4.Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Then for decorating:
FOR EACH VAMPIRE TEETH COOKIE YOU WILL NEED
- 1 soft chewy homemade chocolate chip cookie cut in
half
- red tube icing
- 6 mini marshmallows
- 2 almond slivers
1.   Take your cooled cookie and cut in half, then take a little off the center so it is more like a jaw. This will be the top and bottom of your mouth
2.   Line mouth with frosting and add the front two teeth then the almond slivers then the last two teeth and top with the other half of cookie that also has icing on so that it gives the feeling of gums.
 Step by Step:


Idea #4 0 Edible Eyeballs
Then of course you have to have the edible eyeballs.  These were the simplest item to make and just perfect for Cole's 3rd/4th/5th grade classroom.  

Eyeballs
round or square pretzels
white chocolate disks
chocolate chips
red jimmies

On a baking sheet, place pretzels in a single layer. Put one white chocolate disk in the center of each pretzel. Place in a 350 degree oven for approx 3-4 minutes or until chocolate is shiny but not melted or falling through the pretzel.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with red jimmies (I used red gel frosting). Invert one chocolate chip in the center of each disk. 

 Step by Step


Idea #5 Easy Pumpkin Pretzels

Then I made some Easy Pumpkin Pretzels that I found on Butter with a slice of Bread for Caden's Class.  This was another simple one to make that even the kids could do with out my help.

  • 1 bag mini pretzels {you won't use the whole bag, only about 1/4}
  • 1 bag M&M's candy, needing only the green ones {Alexis Note: I used jelly beans}
  • orange food coloring & White Chocolate (I ended up using Orange Melts)

First step is to melt the chocolate. I took the melts in a microwave safe bowl and belted them for  minute. Coat pretzels in the orange chocolate. Once you've dunked your pretzel, adding a nice coating, lay it out on a piece of wax paper. While it's still wet, add a green jelly bean (or a M&M) and set it in the crook of the pretzel, on it's side.If you see a few bare spots on your pretzels, while they're still wet, dab some more chocolate on them using your finger (but using melts is thicker so I didn't have that problem).

Idea #6 - Spider Cake Pops

And we end with some spider cake pops for Caden's class also.  It was the end of the night so they weren't my cleanest creation but I think Caden's Kindergarten class won't mind.  I started with making a Vanilla Cake Pop recipe found on The baby Cake Shop.  I used my cake pop pans instead of the baby cake pop baker. 

Make Cake Pops
 Make the Spiders
Ingredients:
12 Cake Pops Made
1 Bag Black Candy Melts
1 Bag Wilton Candy Eyes
1 Box Wilton Candy Licorice (cut into legs)

Melt your candy melts in a microwave safe bowl (usually 1 minute). Dip your cake ball in the the melted candy melts.  While still wet add the candy eyes and add on the legs.  You can sprinkle with black sprinkles (but I couldn't find these anywhere).  Let dry and serve!

WOW sorry that was a lot but I wanted to make sure to get this all posted before Halloween was over.  Hope you all have a safe Halloween!

13 comments:

  1. The vampire teeth cookies are AWESOME. I am way too lazy to make them, though. Maybe you can drop some by my house next Halloween, though? LOL.

    I've actually done the dum dum pop pumpkin, though. That one is easy even for someone uncrafty and lazy (such as myself). I did it for a Halloween party and it was the hit of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it again mom! All great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job with the Halloween crafts and goodies. Good thing I read your post about the sucker pumpkin. I've seen them and also thought it was on real pumpkins. Glad to know it works better on fake ones. That cookie cutter pumpkin idea is neat. That's how I'll be decorating/carving my pumpkins next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you have the time? I can't even believe it! The spider cake pops are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so much fun! I love the sucker pumpkin and the spiders. And thanks for following my blog! I'm following you right back. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been one busy mama!!! These are all awesome ideas!!! You've been pinned! (Actually your hubby has!) The drill on the pumpkin cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you sure don't take any time to relax. Everything looks great!
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cookie cutter pumpkin is such a good idea! I'll have to remember that for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my GAWD I'm so glad we don't live near where my kids would know your kids because they would tell me how much I SUCK because I don't do stuff like this! You're so F'n AWESOME I don't even know how you can STAND yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many crafty fun Halloween ideas in one place. Amazing! I particularly like the Pumpkin Lollipop Holder. I'm thinking this will be done at Our House next Halloween. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Throwback Thursday to say Hey! <3 Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sucker pumpkin is such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried &amp; True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover