Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Birthday Boy ... Car Cake

My best friend's son asked for a cake for his birthday a while back.  I asked his mom what theme he was wanting she said Cars.  I wanted to do something fun an different not the movie car but an car.  I was running crazy that week so I found this EASY cake to make!

I found a site called Themed Party Place ... OH yes I did!!  They had this easy Car Cake tutorial on their site.


What You Need:
1 Round Cake (I made my Moist White Cake)
Chocolate Donuts
Circle Cutter
Sharp Knife
Frosting
Fondant (Optional)
AmeriColor Gel Food Coloring

What to do:
Bake a round cake per instructions on the box, you'll be able to make two car cakes (I only use homemade, I don't like the taste of box).

Place the cooled cakes in the freezer for a half an hour to an hour. Freezing a cake keeps the crumbs to a minimum when you cut it.
car cake
Cut the cakes as shown by the dotted lines in the diagram.
Align the two cut sections on the sides of the larger piece to form the front and back bumpers.
Frost the cakes.
Use chocolate donuts or stacks of cookies as the wheels.
Windows can be added to the car using frosting. (Alexis Note: I used a blue fondant to cover the cake.  I also cut out for the bumpers to fit in and used that left over cake to build up my tires to be the same height of the cake (I had no donuts so I used the cake and my circle cutters weren't small enough so I used a medicine cup ... lol).  I added a little black fondant to outline doors and windows.  And to be fun I had a little brown to some fondant and made little faces to smile out of the windows.  A little black fondant for hair and used my fondant writer pen to draw on faces.



Enjoy!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

5 comments:

  1. I love it. As always, it came out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came out really cute, I bet he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! The idea for the faces is perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cakes are so awesome! Thanks for linking all your recipes and tutorials up at the Teach Me Tuesday Linky Party:)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover