My amazing work out instructor had a birthday a few weeks back. When we became FB friends she saw one of my recipe post I wanted to make. She commented she wanted it for her birthday that was coming up. So I saved the recipe and put a note in my phone to remind me. The night before her birthday I pulled up the recipe to do the head slap moment .. oh no it's ice cream in the middle. So the Banana Split Brownie Cake on Taste of Home was out. Plan B had to come into place and find a Banana Split dessert that was easy to transport and would stand up for me to take it there, stay during class and stay on her drive home.
I found these amazing Banana Split Bars on Taste and Tell Blog. I didn't take a bite but they sure did smell good and her husband and daughter came up to say they were very tasty!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, banana and vanilla and mix well. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, then mix into the batter. Fold in the peanuts.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and cherries. Return to the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, an additional 10-15 minutes. Cool completely then cut into bars.
Thanks for stopping by
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.