Timehop reminded me of some fun tree ornaments I've made in the past and had to repost and share with any who didn't see them before. The previous post is HERE.
Candy Cane Reindeer
What you Need:
Brown Pipe Cleaner
Small Google Eyes
Red Pom Pom
Hot Glue Gun
Twist a pipe cleaner around the loop of the cane and form like antlers. Using a hot glue gun attach the eye balls and nose. They hang nicely on the tree.
Cinnamon Applesauce Holiday Ornament Ingredients:
- 1 container ground cinnamon, 4.12 ounce
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- Combine cinnamon and applesauce in a bowl, knead into a dough.
- Roll dough out to desired thickness (if you have problems with dough sticking, you can 'flour' the surface and rolling pin with more ground cinnamon). Cut shapes with a knife or cookie cutters. Use a straw to make string hole.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 2 - 4 hours, turning each hour. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Alternatively, you can air dry for 2 - 4 days, turning each half day.
- Decorate and hang!
Snowmen Handprint Ornament
Take an ordinary ornament of any color.
- Slather the kid's hand with white paint.
- Make a hand print on the ball, fingers pointing towards the top (where the hook is). This may be obvious, but I have to mention that it is important that they do not move their fingers once they are on the ornament. If they do, you will be on your own as to how to make those smudges into cute little snowmen keepsakes.
- When the paint dries, begin adding details to turn the fingers into snowmen. There will be 5, in case you were wondering.
- Make eyes, buttons, and scarves...whatever you like.
- I added little asterisks snowflakes for kicks.