Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, June 8, 2009

Make Something Monday ... Slow Cooker Lasagna

Make Something Monday




Well the past weekend I wasn't into cooking so I pulled out this recipe I got from Betty Crocker (I won't even say how long ago). See Rick I do actually use those recipes! LOL ok I'm currently trying to keep using them. This was as super yummy one and I couldn't believe how easy it was to keep together in the crockpot. Another one I didn't have any left overs from.


What you need.
Cook up sausage
Cook up onions with the sausage
Poor man part-skim ricotta cheese, just take cottage cheese and blend.
Add Tomato Sauce to Sausage Mixture
Add a little seasoning
Add Mozzarella cheese to make shift ricotta cheese
Add Parmesan cheese
Look I remembered my bag.
1st Layer sauce mixture
Add 5 Noodles
Add make shift Ricotta Cheese
Another layer of sauce mixture
Another layer of noodles
Another layer of make shift Ricotta Cheese
Another layer of noodles
Top with rest of sauce mixture
Cook and this is what you get!
Add Cheese for a last minute ohh gooey yummy
And this is what you get, ok it looks a little greasy but it was yummy
Final picture got a little blurry but you got the point


1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
3 cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce
2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
15 uncooked lasagna noodles

1. Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
2. Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
3. Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
4. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
5. Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.

14 comments:

  1. WOW I had NO idea Lasagna could be this easy.. don't tell Garfield!!! Thanks for stopping by my kid's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do this one all the time... learned this easy peasy recipe from my mom! its easy and good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Lasagna in a bowl. Wow much easier then when I make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay you just convinced me to get a crock pot and those heavenly bags! Now I know what I want for lunch :)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! So do you like your crock condom? I have some but have never used them yet. I know...I should be practicing safe crocking!

    Here is what I made!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so yummy now I really want some :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my crockpot, and how easy it is to cook with it! This looks so yummy, and easy! Thanks!
    How you guys feeling?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my sister in law makes something similar. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything that can be tossed in the crockpot is a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have some great stuff! That looks yummy! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I <3 lasagna and anything that can be done in my crockpot!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried &amp; True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover