Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday - Ham Bone & Bean Soup (Crock Pot)

Ok I admit it I'm bad and always throw the ham bone out. I have a thing about bones they make me want to gag! So when I was told why don't I make a soup with it, I gave them hello do you want me to gag? So being the frugal person I am thinking I'm missing out a meal, ok I'll control my gag reflexs and make it. I'm actually pretty impressed, so I bow down and fall on my sword! Enjoy :)


The ingredetants
Ham in the crock pot
Yup got the liner in!
Add washed beans & Garlic
Add water Add Lemon Juice
Add Honey
Taster and the lemon spoon! LOL
Add Pepper
Add Salt
Add Bay Leaf
Add Onion
Mix and let it go for 10-12 hours on low.
Come home and it's done!
Easy to pull bones out, meat just fell off.
Dish up and you're done!
1 ham bone (with sm. amt. ham still on)
2 c. Navy beans or mixed beans
8 c. water (3 c. more may be added, after bone is taken out, then cook some more)
1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. honey
1 bay leaf
1 lg. onion, chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste


Wash beans. Put everything in crock pot along with ham bone (that has small amount of ham still on). Start cooking at high (I usually start it in the evening) and after it starts cooking, turn to simmer. (I cook it all night and until serving time at noon or even later.) I usually remove the bone in the early morning and add more water. Remove bay leaf before serving.

8 comments:

  1. Mmmm... i love soups, and i think this one could be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say throw that little 'ham bone' into the pot, and I bet we would have some really good Tummy Tuesday Trouble, is what we would have! LOL Now I want split pea and ham soup, so thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy! Do you always have to use a liner with a crock pot? I've never used one before...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get these recipes! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds really yummy! I'll have to try it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok it's 11:46 pm and now I'm hungry...:( thanks a lot LOL but really that is so yummy I have to make it and soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cheap beans, we try to eat them once a week. That crockpot liner kinda freaks me out. Love ya' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do something similar to this, and we LOVE it!! Wish we could eat it more, but AZ summers are just too hot to want ham & beans and cornbread! =)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover