Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, November 5, 2012

Organizing the Junk Drawer

I've been on a kick to organize my life, feeling a little bit of out sorts and need to get everything in order to feel back to normal.  I started with my pantry and that turned out GREAT.  AND to the person who commented it would only last 2 weeks, I'm here to say it is still organized and functioning just perfect!  Next on my list to do was my junk drawer.  You know the drawer that somehow collects everything from pens to pieces of gum and maybe a piece of candy once sucked on by a little one who didn't want to be caught and threw it in there not to be caught ... What that never happens at your house?

I wanted to find a drawer organizer and found one perfect size and price at Ross.  It even came with very cool little stickers for each compartment.  Since my drawer was full of junk it didn't match all of these stickers but still it helped for some of them.


On to the drawer, I emptied it out, threw out things we really didn't need and then whipped it clean.  Added the drawer organizer and then filled up the compartments.  The organizer had two drawers a small one that slides on top that saves space and makes it easy to fit it all in the drawer.  I would so recommend do this, I love to open this drawer now.  No more open real quick shove something in and then shutting it quick before something pops out at me.



Happy Monday!  Hope you all had a safe weekend!

13 comments:

  1. I can't keep a junk drawer organized to save my life, but then that's what I like about them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you need something and you open the junk drawer and POOF - there it is.

    Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you come and organize mine now, too? LOL.

    In all seriousness, though - I clean out and "organize" our junk drawer at least once a month. Then one of the kids will go in there looking for something and mess the whole darn thing up. It drives me bananas. These are the same kids that will put an empty box of poptarts back in the cabinet, though, so you can see where I'm coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cleaned out my junk drawer a while back and now it looks like a junk drawer again. The organizer is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! I so desperately need to do that with most drawers in the house. Closets and rooms too.
    I still spend 6-8 hours a day reading blogs, on pinterest, etc and it has to stop. I may disappoint some people but I can't continue to let my home suffer. It is eating at my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOD I love Ross so so so much. We went to TWO of them today buying Christmas gifts :)

    I did not see any organizing stuff I will have to make another trip out there to look for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I, too, love an organized drawer. Why is it that one drawer seems to accumulate everything we're too lazy to put elsewhere? LOL Mine, somehow, however, seems to always have copious amounts of UNsharpened pencils???? I never put them there so I just don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have several of these drawers in my house. and now our nice looking night stands that go with our our new bedroom set are now junk drawers.. LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a pretty nifty organizer! I thought of you just today when I finally got my pantry in order. I, too, have been going through everything and cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing awesome with all the organizing!! I really need to get to some areas in my house too :-/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can never find things like this! We desperately need this in the kitchen! I guess I should be on the hunt for one now. Organizing always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is always good to be organized everyone knows that.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover