Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Chocolate Cupcake Turkeys & Candy Corn Mix

For some last minute treats I made these for the boys classrooms.  Pretty easy to make and you can make these up for tomorrow for the kiddos!

First I wanted to make another type of Turkey Cupcakes, this time I started with Chocolate Cupcake recipes.  Then I decorated them to look like Turkey's.


Mom's Chocolate Cupcakes (not mine but someone's hey it was the title):

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon vinegar

Directions:1. Mix all ingredients together until moist and well blended.
2. Put in cupcake cups and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
3. Frost with your favorite icing.
4. To make a layer cake, double the recipes and put in 2 round cake pans.
5. Increase baking time to about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

I followed along steps I found for Totally Terrific Turkeys.

Step 1: Frost Thin Base Layer
Step 2: Add "Globs for head" you can add one for tail I didn't
Step 3: Add Candy Corn Tail & Beak
Step 4: Add Eyes and Sprinkles


And we of course had to do one more recipe so I made up some Candy Corn Mix recipe found on I Heart Nap Time (She also made cute bags, I used the holiday ziplock bags).
5 Cups Honey Nut Chex
4 Cups of Mini Pretzels (I used the bag of large I had)
1 pkg of Vanilla candi Quick (I used Wiltons Melts)
1 Cup Candy Corn (found in my bulk section)
1 Cup Candy Corn M&M's (I couldn't find used Reese's Pieces)

Mix all your dry ingredients in a big bowl. Melt the candi quik in the microwave for one minute and pour over your mix. Stir it around and then lay on wax paper to dry.

There you go some quick and easy recipes that can be made up and even given as gifts!

7 comments:

  1. Sigh - we're not allowed to bring in homemade treats to my kids schools because of food/peanut allergies, but I have been volunteering in both of their classrooms and I know they would have gone crazy for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The candy corn mix looks a bit gloopy. Is it gloopy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The candy corn mix looks yummy and the cupcakes are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want some candy corn mix but I can't eat it but I bet it smells good!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover