Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, November 12, 2012

Fall Recipes ... Candy Corn Waffles

A while back I did the Watermelon Waffles for the boys.  Then last week Caden asked for waffles for dinner and I thought well it would be fun to try out the Candy Corn Waffle recipe from the same lady on Random Thoughts of a SUPERMOM.  Now don't worry there are no candy corn candies in this recipe but they sure are cute and resemble the candy!  For breakfast or for dinner that is made up of breakfast treats this is the perfect recipe.


I started with the perfect waffle recipe (you could use store bought but I rather make my own).

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
2.Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.


Here is the how to make the Candy Corn Waffles:

For the Candy Corn look I had to doctor up the batter a little bit so between the step 1 and 2 of the directions.  I separated the batter into 3 bowls (one small, medium and large).  You will need the small bowl to be the regular batter.  The medium size bowl you will add yellow food coloring to the batter.  I like to use food coloring gel.  The large size bowl with the most of the batter you need to add yellow and red food coloring to make orange.  

Once your waffle maker is warmed up spray it with cooking spray.  Then make a small circle in the middle of the white batter, then add a outer ring of yellow and finish with orange on the outer ring.  Cook according to your waffle maker.  Break into fourth and tada you have candy corn shaped waffles!


Happy Monday everyone, hope you had a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

  1. oh man this is too cute! I like dying foods especially pancakes and cup cakes. I neeeeed a waffle iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a wicked cool idea! I think I may make these for my boys this weekend - I mean, what a perfect combination of deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really neat and sure to please the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover