Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fall Recipe ... Mummy Dogs

Who says you have to have a Halloween Recipe only at Halloween?  I wanted to make something fun for the boys!  Plus something quick I could make after church, so this recipe I've seen on Pinterest and knew I had to make them.  I tweaked the recipe a little bit to make it quicker ... I'm all about the quick.

I went to Pillsbury to make their Crescent Mummy Dogs.  

1
can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 1/2
slices American cheese, quartered (2.5 oz)
10
large hot dogs
Cooking spray
Mustard or ketchup, if desired

  • 1Heat oven to 375°F.
  • 2If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
  • 3With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
  • 4Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate "bandages" so hot dog shows through for "face." On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
  • 5Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features on "face."

Alexis Notes: I just used the pizza dough and cut strips and then wrapped ONE strip around the dog and cheese.

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Aren't those fun? I'll bet the boys loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make these for my kids every year and they LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so good and now I am hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these and thought they were the cutest things. I'm sure the kids loved them

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bring back memories from when I was a kid...my mom used to make these, but not as mummies. I'll have to make them for the kiddos one day too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover