Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Turkey Parade ... Turkey Rice Krispie Treats & Turkey Cookies

Next on our list was some turkey's for the boys class rooms.  I of course couldn't make the same treat for both classroom.  I found two really cute turkey's I wanted to try out.

First one I did was actually very simple.  Caden helped decorate these for his classroom.  I found these Turkey Rice Krispie Treats on Shugary Sweets.  You start with a basic rice krispie treat, with a circle cookie cutter and some candy you have the perfect turkey!

Ingredients
    For the krispie treats:
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 10oz bag marshmallows
  • 5 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
  • For the turkeys:
  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted 
  • 12 chocolate wafers or Hershey Kisses
  • candy corn
  • candy eyes (Wilton - Walmart, Target or Michael's sales them)
  • orange m&m's
Instructions
  1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir continuously until melted. Remove from heat and quickly fold in the cereal, until completely coated.
  2. Press lightly into a buttered 13x9 baking sheet. Allow to set, about 30 minutes.
  3. Using a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter (or whatever desired size), cut circles into the krispie treat. Eat discards immediately.
  4. Using the melted semi-sweet chocolate, attach about 5 candy corn for feathers, one wafer for the face, two eyes and half of an orange m&m for the beak. Feel free to add a red candy (or pipe on red candy melts) for the waddle.
Alexis Notes: I used frosting as my glue instead of melted chocolate.  Instead of hersey kisses I used mini Reese's Cups.  I pick up my Candy Eye's at Walmart.  Instead of Orange M&M's I used Reese's Pieces that I cut in half. 



And the Second one I did was simple also.  I did cheat and use chocolate covered Oreo's and already chocolate covered pretzels.  I found this idea for Turkey Cookies on A Thrifty Mom.  I took her idea and tweaked it a little bit.

Ingredients:
Oreo Cookies
Mini Pretzels
Red Gummy Worm
Candy Corn
Frosting
Chocolate Candy Coating
Wax Paper

I used chocolate dipped Oreo Cookies and Pretzels.  This way I could avoid the melting of Chocolate Candy Coating and hand dipping.  If you want to do or can't find these melt your chocolate Candy Coating, dip your Mini Pretzels and set them aside.  When dry dip your oreo and place on 4 mini chocolate covered pretzels.  I fanned them out to look like the feathers.  If doing this method add your candy eyes, nose and waddle to the wet oreo cookie.  Since I used chocolate covered oreo's, I melted a little chocolate to glue the oreo to the pretzels.  I used frosting to add the eyes, nose and waddle. I wanted the waddle to look like a waddle so I used a red candy worm.  For the nose I used a candy corn.  A Thrifty mom used Red and Yellow Fruit foll ups.  My way gave it more of a 3D look, it's your call.





Hope you are all have an amazing Thanksgiving & Black Friday!

Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE

Any Thanksgiving Plans?

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love those! I actually think I might attempt those for tomorrow....call me crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try those rice krispie treats next year! Please take a break and enjoy the pleasures of Thanksgiving with your family...............Just Breathe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both ideas are so cute!! You are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cookies Alexis! They look so cute and im sure the kids loved them :)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover