Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

We all need something sweet .... Peek-a-boo Pumpkin Shaped Sugar Cookies

I saw on a blog or Pinterest a while back these really cool cookies that had a heart with in a heart (a big hear with a smaller heart a different color).  It got me thinking why not make these for Halloween   WELL that was my plan to do a pumpkin with a black bat in the middle.  WELL Halloween came and went so I had to go to a back up plan.  I still wanted to try it and make some cookies for the tutor.  So why not a pumpkin with in a pumpkin?  So I hit up my box of 101 cookie cutters and found a large pumpkin and then I have a Martha Stewart small cookie cutter set and found a small pumpkin cutter.


I found Michelle's Soft Sugar Cookies on AllRecipes.com, they were very soft and fluffy. And tasted pretty darn good, not too sweet!

I had extra white left over so I made a few snowflakes.
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS:
1.Cream the margarine and add the sugar gradually. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition.
2.Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt gradually to the creamed mixture, stirring in by hand. Cover and chill dough overnight.
3.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
4.Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and cut into your favorite shapes. Place cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
5.Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 6 to 8 minutes or until cookie has a golden appearance.

Now onto the Pumpkins:

First I started with the sugar cookie recipe.  I took about 1/3 of the dough and set it aside since I was going to keep it white.  Then I took the 2/3 left and kneaded in some Orange Wilton Icing Color.  I find this is the best way to color anything from fondant to dough.  Once I got the orange I wanted I rolled out the dough.  I took my large pumpkin and cut out the cookies.  I then took my smaller pumpkin and cut out the middle of my cookie.  I set these aside and then took the white dough (now if I was doing the black bats I would be dying the dough black).  I rolled the white dough out and took the small pumpkin to cut out small pumpkins to go inside the big pumpkin (see picture below).  I then put the small pumpkin in the big pumpkin (almost like a puzzle piece) and lightly made the two edges stick together.  Bake like normal and rest on a cooling rack or eat right away :).

 Here's a Step by Step to help show my rambling above:

Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE

6 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I've missed your posts.. come by my facebook page via my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Almost too cute to eat....ALMOST ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cookies. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover