My best friend always finds the best cookies and then post them. And you all know I love to bake but I'm trying to be good with getting my weight back down that I don't want to eat them. So I usually make what she post then take it right to her house ... lol.
This recipe for Caramel Apple Pie Cookies I've seen on SEVERAL blogs and websites so I don't have one that I can link to so I just picked one. NOW the ingredients are easy and the recipe is easy but the end product I wasn't overly impressed with. But they did turn out good! One thing I did learn don't chop the apple's up too small it a gooey mess that way!
- package Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- jar caramel sauce
- can apple pie filling
- egg, lightly beaten
- tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- tablespoons flour for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a clean work surface. Roll out the dough just a teensy-weensy bit to slightly increase the surface area. (You don't want it too thin).
- Spread a thin film of caramel sauce over the crust.
- Chop up the apple pie pieces so they're smaller. Spread some of the apple pie mixture over the caramel sauce. Don't use quite the whole can.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your clean work surface and again, you know the routine ;just roll the dough out very slightly. Use either a pastry cutter or a knife to cut a bunch of strips about 1/2 inch wide.
- Using the strips, make a lattice over the top of the pie.
- Get out a round cookie cutter and cut out the caramel apple pie cookies. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, you should end up with a dozen. Use a thin spatula to carefully transfer the cookies over to a non-stick baking sheet.
- Brush a little of the egg across the strips on the cookies. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- And don't forget to bake up all those luscious leftover scraps, too!
Alexis notes: I used Salted Caramel that was so yummy and I'm glad that I got it out of the house fast so I didn't eat the jar. DON'T overly chop the apples I did it was a mess!
The other cookies I made that she posted:
Thanks for Stopping by!