We end with the 3rd recipe used from this HUGE zucchini! I was able to shred 7 cups from this one zucchini! Enough for all three recipes, today is our last recipe to be featured!
So I wanted to do a cookie and I had a bag of white chocolate chips and thought I'd do a google search and bam ... I came across a recipe for White Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies on Serious Eats.
- 1 cup butter, softened and divided into 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter and the brown sugar. Over medium heat, sauté the diced zucchini until it has lightly browned and absorbed the butter and sugar mixture. Set on paper towels to blot the excess moisture; leave to the side for the moment.
3. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream 3/4 cup butter and granulated sugar; beat in egg and lemon peel. Stir in sifted dry ingredients,then mix in the zucchini;once mixed, gently fold in the white chocolate chips.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls on the prepared baking sheets, leaving an inch and a half around each cookie to allow for spreading.
5. Bake until golden around the edges, 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Now I found these cookies to be a bit goopey so I added some quick cooking oats to make it easier to make cookies.
Thanks for Stopping by!