Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, September 14, 2009

Make Something Monday ... Crockpot Bean Dinner

Make Something Monday

I also wanted to show this off for Crockpot Wednesday :)
Photobucket

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/xx199/darnold23/?action>
I made this for Caden's party and it was a hit one I recommend over and over again to anyone. Ok so here's the story with the beans. I went to the grocery store the morning of the party, yes I know hello to many things going on as usual! So I of course forgot my recipe, and you know Rick would be useless if I asked him to search for it. So I called up a friend of mine to do an internet search of baked bean recipes. She found a version of this, why I say version is because she and I have no clue where she found the recipe she gave me. All I have is the back of a bill I wrote the recipe on, it was crazy so I give you what I believe it was ... LOL it's pretty darn close if not exact!

Side Note this calls for Liquid smoke, now I have never used it before so I thought what the heck I'll pick it up it was only like $2 so why not. This stuff rocks and you'll love the taste it gives the meal!

CROCKPOT BEAN DINNER

1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. bacon
1 lg. chopped onion
1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans
1 can butter lima beans
1 c. ketchup
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. liquid smoke
3 tbsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. salt
Pepper
1 lg. (31 oz.) or 2 sm. (15 oz.) cans of pork and beans
Dash of Tabasco Sauce
Dash of Garlic Powder

Brown and drain ground beef. Cook bacon and saute onions. Put all ingredients in a crockpot. Cook on low a minimum of 5, maximum of 9 hours.

8 comments:

  1. I will have to get that smoke stuff for my dad. Really the children ate that. Oh with the pork. Yeah to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were very nummy! Think I'll have to try them or have you bring them when I get to have a housewarming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like this :) so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good!!!

    I love my crockpot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried liquid smoke in anything before either-sounds delicious though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for posting to CPW. This recipe is right up our alley...we love beans in the crock pot. I use Liquid Smoke for lots of things,too. I hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover