Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday ~ Squash Spaghetti

Blessed with Grace

For this perfect time of year when we have yummy Squash from our gardens I found this amazing recipe to share with you! It called for Zucchini but of course when I made this my garden was sticking its tongue out at me and not giving me any Zucchini so when my daycare lady gave me a squash I was super excited to try something new. Hope you all enjoy this one, I know several of you have said you have tons of squash that you don't know what to do with. Here you go, yup I know I rock :) Also a great way to get the kids to eat veggies, hide it in a sauce ... ha-ha (see Caden loved it). Yes it is in hair, it has this new thing with the need to share his food with his hair. Yup it must need some nutritious food also.

Oh yeah and I used the mushrooms the night before so there you go no mushrooms ... LOL ;)

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 med. onion
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
6 oz. can tomato paste
1 sm. can tomatoes
2 c. water
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. sweet basil
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Sm. pkg. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 sm. fresh zucchini squash, sliced

Fry ground beef, onion and garlic. Drain off any grease. Add remaining ingredients except mushrooms and zucchini.. Saute mushrooms and zucchini. Saute mushrooms in butter and add to sauce. Cook meat sauce on low for about 1 hour. Add zucchini slices 1/2 hour before sauce is done. Remove bay leaf and serve sauce over spinach noodles or spaghetti noodles. Serves 6-8.

For more amazing recipes check out BlessedwithGrace for more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday recipes.

8 comments:

  1. i already love zucchini ... i bet this might be tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm VERY confused... i already have a comment up above from aug. 18th... but now its sept. 1st... so - whatever! i'll just comment on this one!

    sounds great.. different but still good... will have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so not a cook, but this I could probably pull off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it :) you know I'm trying this as everything else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love squash!

    Squash squash squash.

    It's even fun to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the squash ideas and love the picture of your son. HAHA.Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SCrumptious!!!! Everything is better when coated with marinara sauce!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover