Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Treat ... Bunny Nutter Butter Cookies

We have an annual egg hunt at my friends house this weekend.  It's so much fun, she does a huge brunch and then the 1000 egg hunt!  We each bring a dish to the event.  I of course have to find something fun and creative to bring.  I know Rick keeps telling me to go simple I just can't seem to do it .. lol.

I made these really cute Nutter Butter Bunnies last year and got so many compliments.  So I had to try another fun Nutter Butter Bunny that I found on Munchkin Munchies.  They take a little bit of time but I love how they turned out.


This is one I did on the Popsicle stick

What You Need:
Nutter Butter Cookies
1 16-24oz Almond Bark (I used Wilton White Candy Melts)
Pink Marshmallows (I found the Ice Cream Shaped ones)
Wilton Black Food Marker
Popsicles (if you want, I decided to skip less for the parents to clean up)
Ribbon (optional)

1. Melt the bark (in a deep bowl) according to package directions. Dip the end of a Popsicle stick into the melted bark and gently insert it into the middle of the Nutter Butter cookie (oriented horizontally).  Push bottom of stick into Styrofoam block and let dry (15 min. or so) before the next step. ALEXIS NOTES: I used Wilton melts, and did a few on Popsicle but it will be easier for clean up so I kept mine with out the sticks).
2.  Holding the end of the Popsicle stick, dip the cookie into the melted bark until completely covered. Let the excess drip off into the bowl. ALEXIS NOTES: Since I didn't do the sticks I skipped this.
3.  While it is still wet,  gently add a small,  pink marshmallow (you may cut it, to shape it into a more nose-like shape) or pink jelly bean onto the top, middle, curved part of the cookie.  Another option is to let the cookie dry first, and add the nose with a dab of melted bark later. Let cookie dry completely. ALEXIS NOTES: Now my first batch I forgot to add the marshmallow while it was still wet, lesson learned!
4.   After the cookie is dry, use a  food marker and add simple, bunny facial features…mouth, teeth, whiskers.
5.   Add a bow with a dab of melted bark, or tie a ribbon around the stick. ALEXIS NOTES: Skip if you don't do the sticks.


Any Easter Parties or Plans?

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Those came out really cute. Do the Wilton white candy melts have a flavor like the almond bark does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous cookies with all of us at the Show Stopper this week! Very creative, Alexis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and creative! I think I actually have some nutter butter cookies in the cabinet! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover