Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter Treat ... Easter Bunny Bread (Made with Basic Bread Machine White Bread)

Next on our Easter list to make was a fun treat to take to the annual 1,000 Egg Egg Hunt my friend host.  I showed you the Bunny Nutter Butter Cookies last week I made for the party.  I saw this Easter Bunny Bread on Pinterest and I knew I had to give it a whirl.  Their's was super cute and I must say I was pretty happy with the one I created.  I must say I can bust out cookies or cakes, NOW molding a bread into a shape was a WHOLE new ballgame for me.


The recipe on Taste of Home called for Frozen Bread.  I decided that I rather make a homemade bread.  I found a Basic Bread Machine White Bread that I MUST say is the BEST bread I have ever made! 


What You Need:

1-POUND LOAF    INGREDIENTS2/3 cup                       water
4 teaspoons                sugar
3/4 teaspoon              salt
4 teaspoons                nonfat dry milk powder
4 teaspoons                butter OR margarine
2 cups                          bread flour
1-1/2 teaspoons         Bread Machine Yeast OR RapidRise Yeast

Directions
Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer. 


For the Bunny Bread I started with homemade bread, BUT you can use frozen if you would like.  If you want a great bread machine bread follow recipe above and just set for dough setting.  I doubled the recipe, since I was just doing the dough I knew my machine could handle the 2 lbs.  NOW if you're baking my would only handle 1 1/2 lbs.

What you Need for the Bunny:

Ingredients

  • 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
  • 2 raisins
  • 2 sliced almonds
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • Dip of your choice

Directions

  • Cut a fourth off of one loaf of dough; shape into a pear to form
  • head. For body, flatten remaining portion into a 7-in. x 6-in. oval;
  • place on a greased baking sheet. Place head above body. Make narrow
  • cuts, about 3/4 in. deep, on each side of head for whiskers.
  • Cut second loaf into four equal portions. For ears, shape two
  • portions into 16-in. ropes; fold ropes in half. Arrange ears with
  • open ends touching head. Cut a third portion of dough in half; shape
  • each into a 3-1/2-in. oval for back paws. Cut two 1-in. slits on top
  • edge for toes. Position on each side of body.
  • Divide the fourth portion of dough into three pieces. Shape two
  • pieces into 2-1/2-in. balls for front paws; shape the remaining
  • piece into two 1-in. balls for cheeks and one 1/2-in. ball for nose.
  • Place paws on each side of body; cut two 1-in. slits for toes. Place
  • cheeks and nose on face. Add raisins for eyes and almonds for teeth.
  • Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30-45
  • minutes. Brush dough with egg. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes

For the Dip I just made a quick Ranch Dip.  I had a small dish that I cut a hole int he bunnies belly and placed it in there and added the Ranch dip inside.  I cut up celery and had mini carrots that I placed around the bunny.


Any Easter Parties or Plans?

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh Girl while I was molding it, I kept thinking this is NEVER going to look right. I almost gave up half way through it.

      Delete
  2. Impressive! You have way more patience than I do!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover