As some of you may have seen on facebook I'm fighting a sinus infection. That with work being off the chain busy, I'm behind on my post. I'm writing this right now sitting in my sauna at home hoping to sweat this crud out!
Since I've been under the weather I've been trying out some new meals that aren't too time consuming. I have come across this amazing site Drizzle Me Skinny! I'm in love with her recipes AND she actually will comment back to me on Instagram! OK this may seem silly but it really impresses me when ppl comment back. She posted a top 10 recipes family favorite meals and this Taco Pie was on it. I must say I could have ate the whole pie myself!
- 1 pack of Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1lb lean ground beef
- ⅔ cup of salsa
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup light grated cheese
- *Optional to top with lettuce, tomatoes and onions etc
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Heat up your ground beef in a frying pan on stove, once cooked drain fat. Add salsa and taco seasoning, I only use half the pack of seasoning so it is not to strong tasting. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place your crescent rolls into a 9 inch pie dish, making sure to cover all areas. This may require breaking up some of the rolls to fill in spaces. Pre-bake crust for 5 minutes to avoid the middle not cooking through..
- Place your meat mixture into the pie dish and spread evenly, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for approx. 10-12 minutes, checking often. Serves 6 at 8sp or 7pp per slice.
Alexis notes: I used a thin crust pizza dough instead of crescent rolls (it was a little less calories etc and easier to work with). I did add a little salsa and non fat sour cream on the boys meals.
Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.