Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Five for Fight - Album Slice

As most you know I'm not the music lover in our house, well that is unless it's classic rock then I'm all for it! I was pleasantly surprised when I actually enjoyed the album and the story it told. Not only with words but pictures that made you smile and cry all along being proud of America. John Ondrasik did an amazing job to inspire and bring you soul up with his amazing song style and writing.

Ok some of you are thinking hello Alexis we've been fan's since 2000 when "Superman" was nominated for a Grammy. Again I listen to audio books most days :). For those like me who live under a rock or just busy moms "Superman" became a staple song after 911 for those lost, loved and served to help others. To follow up John Ondrasik wrote "Tuesdays" on which he sings "The thing about memories/They're sure and bound to fade/Except for the stolen souls/Left upon her blade". Ondrasik explains: "That song isn't 'Superman Part 2,' there's none of that in there. It's much more of a plea for us to not forget the lessons we learned that day." Isn't that just an amazing way to bring us all up!

For you that love musicals you'll love to hear that award winning composer Steven Schwartz helped co-writing "Slice: and Above the Timberline". For those are you that aren't musical buffs Steven Schwartz is the composer of such musicals as Wicked, Godspell and Pippin, yup a pretty amazing man!

This is a must buy or download however you get your music these days you must check out this one. I promise you won't be let down you actually be surprised that you tell others to pick it up too!

Plus a little something that really impressed me. Ondrasik created For the Troops , available to every active service member in the U.S. Armed Forces for free. The collections include recording artist and comedians! Check out all of his site for various charities you can donate to whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com.

2 comments:

  1. I like Five for Fighting, too. But my fave is also classic rock, so I didn't know about this until you told me, so don't feel bad!!
    Great thing Ondrasik is doing for the Armed Forces, a cause close to my heart!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love that song off this album that's playing now!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover