Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I signed up for what???

So in my clear head of thinking and always wanting to help, I signed up to make brownies or cookies for Cole's school Grandparents day. I totally spaced until I opened an email Tuesday night reminding me of this fact. And oh yeah you need 5 DOZEN, holy crud!! So what do I make brownies or cookies? I head to my new favorite cookbook (I've made 6 things out of it in the last week, lol). Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms yes it's become an obsession but at least it's a good thing!

So why not bust out with Brownie Cookies!!!

1/2 c butter, softened
3/4 c light brown sugar, packed
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1/2 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 c flour
1/2 c unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 c peanut butter chips

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg, sour cream, and vanilla; mix well. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Mix in the chips on low speed. If baking now, preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Drop the cookie dough by rounded tbs about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to a cooling rack. Makes about 46 cookies.

So I doubled this and got to baking! Ok first of parchment paper rocks (wax paper in my case) made clean up easy and easy to get off the sheets! Yes it's like my crock pot liner!! I'm LOVING this idea! Jane always list how to freeze the dough and how to thaw out! Cookie dough in my house in not a good thing like we've talked about before post ;).

I think I finished up around 11:30pm ... LOL and I may have been a few cookies short, I'm not going to rat the person out who ate them ... because rating yourself out just isn't right ... LOL :).

I sent them off with Rick to school and heard nothing back, come on you're killing me people. I'm going to make them again this weekend for the neighbor. I know I rock :).

Don't forget to enter the contest for the cookbook:
Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Book Giveaway (10/18/09)


20 comments:

  1. If I had a mixer like that I would totally bake more. Think you can score one of those to give away? I might just join facebook then...you know so I could have more entries :O) LOL

    Licking the spoon is the best! Your boys looked like they enjoyed it :O) And you line about not ratting yourself out -Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious I am sure those you bake for will be delighted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-those sound and look delicious! I may have to bake a batch up before I eat all the chocolate chips we have... LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never ever ever be able to do this, I eat FAR too much of the dough, it would take me an additional like three hours to get it all done with the extra I would have to make because of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, what could be better when you have to decide brownie or cookie!
    That is really funny that you find a brownie cookier. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh they sound great and look delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As if you weren't busy enough!!!! But they do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those do look yummy. I am glad you got that book. I hope I win it. I got my name in. Have a great day. I would say Thanks for baking the cookies brownies. How silly and rude.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    What a great blog! I am following you and have also grabbed your button for my blogroll. Come visit us at Lose Weight Today.
    Thanks,
    LWT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm making these tomorrow. Heck yes I am! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes, I want one right now, no sweets in my house since I just got back! I like the collage pics! Tell me the secret...I get tired of uploading a zillion on a post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, I am so making those this weekend.. I have all the necessary ingredients in the house, because that's how I roll!
    You are the ultimate mommy, you are my hero!! Cole and Caden look so happy licking the batter, I want some, too.
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I'm going to make those pronto. Thanks for recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmmm...brownies!!

    **drooling** I heart brownies!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover