Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, January 31, 2011

A little Pasta, A little Sweets & of course Treat for the Puppy!

I bring to you some special food we had this week! Of course a treat that everyone liked!
We start with a yummy dinner! Alex is my my go to recipe girl!
Ma, What's for dinner?
1 lb ground chicken
2 cloves minced garlic
8 oz canned petite diced tomatoes undrained
8 oz canned tomato sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
8 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
1 beaten egg
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/4 cup shredded or grated Parmesan
Thoroughly cook the ground chicken in a large skillet. Add the tomatoes, sauce, garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Combine the egg, ricotta, and parmesan.
Using a glass or cookie cutter that is close to the size of the muffin cups, cut 3 circles out of each noodle for a total of 24 circles. Place 1 noodle circle in each muffin cup. Layer meat sauce, ricotta mixture, and shredded mozzarella. Repeat. Top with a bit of parsley and grated Parmesan. Cover loosely with a piece of foil that has been sprayed with oil and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes to brown on top. Let the “cupcakes” sit for at least 10 minutes for easier removal.
ALEXIS NOTES: I used ground turkey, it calls for 8 noodles but I got 4 circles out of one so you could get away with using only 6. I used poor man ricotta (cottage cheese run threw food processor). I added the spinach to the ricotta mixture and even skipped the mozzarella.
Treat for my friends at work:


Allrecipes.com


  • 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
  • 24 hard peppermint candies

  1. LINE baking sheet with waxed paper.
  2. MICROWAVE morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70 percent) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
  3. PLACE peppermint candies in heavy-duty plastic bag. Crush candies using rolling pin or other heavy object. While holding strainer over melted morsels, pour crushed candy into strainer. Shake to release all small candy pieces; reserve larger candy pieces. Stir morsel-peppermint mixture.
  4. SPREAD mixture to desired thickness on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved candy pieces; press in lightly. Let stand for about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature.

ALEXIS NOTES: Have left over peppermint candies this is a GREAT way to give it a new look.
Remember to keep an eye on the chocolate in the microwave. Remember I burned it!
And can't forget the puppy! A great lady commented on a dog biscuit I made and I hopped over to her site to find an amazing dog biscuit site.


Ingredients
1 medium Sweet Potato (peeled, baked and mashed, makes approximately 1 cup)
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Wheat Germ
1 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and wheat germ. Gradually blend in the wheat flour. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter of your choice and place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until edges brown.
Cool and refrigerate.
ALEXIS NOTES: I couldn't find a snail cookie cutter in my bin for the life of me, so it was the bone cutter again. Note to myself next time I need to smash my sweet potato better (Well I used a yam). I picked up Wheat Germ in the bulk section. I kept mine on the chewy side for the puppy but when he gets older I'll make them more crispy.

23 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! Looks so good. I love how you used your muffin pan. Brilliant!! I have got to try the dog treats. Except my pup is really picky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lasagna cupcakes, now that is a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious how many hours sleep do you get? 1 1/2? How do you do all this? Awesome. I like the pasta idea. Blessings, Joanne
    p.s. get some rest will ya? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not like spinach but the cupcakes sound amazing. And peppermint bark I could eat it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lasagna cupcakes look like fun! And those dog biscuits look pretty good, too. Did you taste them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding me? lasagna cupcakes? OMG! I can NOT wait to make these!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh god I LOVE Peppermint bark!!! YOu make me want to eat some right now! But I wont. I don't have any, plus, trying to cut down on my sugar intake...but yum that sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I bet the kids would love to help me make the lasagna! That looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like spinach but others in the family dont so will have to pass on this one..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could do the spinach lasagna without chicken and it would still taste yummy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lasagna cupcake idea...peppermint bark is one of my favorites too but I would eat it all so have to keep it out of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those lasagna cupcakes look fabulous! What a fun idea to make them into little portions almost like an appetizer! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the love darlin'! And my pups will be thanking you for their treat!


    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the cupcakes are a neat idea.

    I've been afraid to try making a bark recipe. Looks like it might be kinda hard, may not turn out right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the food in a tin that is just fun and amazing.. Have a great day.. Oh dog treats.. Jake is so lucky..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Peppermint bark is my favorite! And I didn't make any this Christmas - got too busy doing other things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is it wrong that I think that the dog biscuits would make a good human snack, too? Lots of great eats here, thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is it wrong that I think that the dog biscuits would make a good human snack, too? Lots of great eats here, thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the cupcake lasagna's, they sound yummy. Peppermint Bark is always a treat! Skye would love the biscuits. I buy them sweet potatoe fries at PetSmart and they are both the dogs favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the lasagna cupcakes. I am going to try a dutch oven lasagna soon. Great food for all and thanks for sharing at the hearth and soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover