Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, June 11, 2012

Ooey Gooey Center

Well I’ve always been told I’m over emotional so maybe I’m the one with an Ooey Gooey Center … Oh Wait I was talking about a cookie.  Sorry got a little side tracked!  I found this very yummy cookie recipe of COURSE on Pinterest and have been dying to make it.  We had a gravesite memorial for the family for my grandmother on Sunday.  After church I ran home and wanted to make up something real quick to bring to the luncheon afterwards.  I’m glad to say these were a HUGE hit!  I made Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies that I found on Scrambled Henfruit’s blog.

IMG_7178

Ingredients

  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 box (7.4 oz) Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Original Drink mix -not sugar free- all 10 packets
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 bag Kraft Caramels (14 oz) – I used Target’s brand found in Candy Isle

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
  • In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
  • With your mixer (or an energetic spoon) cream together butter, sugar, salt and all 10 packages of apple cider drink mix powder, until light and fluffy.
  • Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix well.
  • Gradually add flour mixture to butter/egg mixture. Mix until just combined.
  • Refrigerate for about an hour. (I skipped that)
  • When you are ready to bake, unwrap your caramels. 
  • Scoop out cookie dough ball about the size of a walnut.
  • Flatten the ball of dough slightly in the palm of your hand. Press the unwrapped caramel into the center of your dough and seal the dough around it, covering it completely. Place on parchment covered cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
  • Bake 12-14 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges. Please don't over-bake! Once the cookies are done, slide the parchment off of the baking sheet right out onto the counter. Allow cookies to partially cool on the parchment. When cookies are cool enough to be firm but still slightly warm, carefully twist off of parchment and allow to finish cooling upside down (either on the parchment or on a rack.) If you forget about them and they cool too much and stick to your parchment, put them into the freezer for a few minutes and they'll pop right off.

Follow her instructions they were really easy to make and I couldn’t believe how fast they went.  Enjoy!

Recipes

IMG_7182

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! those look so good!!

    I hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, wonder what I could use instead of the apple cider powder as we don't have that product here in NZ. I have the details on your pj's for you, will forward the email so you know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those packets stashed in the back of my snack drawer at work! Ohh, need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so good!!!!! I will have to make them once I meet my goal though. I would be way too tempted with those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I have to say is yummy Poser.. Love ya..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh! Those look so good! I'm definitely going to have to make some of these! :)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover