Well I am talking about the weather we have been having lately, but in our personal life it seems to be the same too. Sadly Rick is still with out a full time job, I must give the guy credit he has applied to 5 to 10 new jobs everyday but sadly nothing. Thankfully he has been able to pick up some part time work and we’re making it work. And it’s nice that summer has started and he is able to help with the kids.
Well back to the rain … hehe … It’s very cold around here so my crockpot and stove top have been getting a work out. I found another yummy soup to keep our bellies warm. I found this Cheeseburger in Paradise Skinny Soup on the recipe kitchen site.
Cheeseburger in Paradise Skinny Soup
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1½ cups onion, chopped
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Swanson’s reduced sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk (1%)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Yellow mustard
- 1 dill pickle, chopped
1. In a large nonstick pot or deep pan, brown the ground beef. Stir to break up into a crumble. Remove from heat, pour into a colander to drain the fat. Set aside.
2. In the same pot, add the onions, celery, carrots, garlic and basil. Saute for about 5 minutes until vegetable are soft. Stir in the browned beef and flour, stirring to coat the meat. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, milk, tomatoes and potatoes. Bring to boil, turn heat to simmer, cover and cook for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
3. To serve: Ladle soup into individual bowls. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese and a little ketchup, mustard and chopped pickle. These toppings really add to the cheeseburger flavor!
Makes 6 main course servings (1½ cups each)
Weight Watchers(old points) 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
Happy Tuesday everyone!