Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

When it rains it pours …

Well I am talking about the weather we have been having lately, but in our personal life it seems to be the same too.  Sadly Rick is still with out a full time job, I must give the guy credit he has applied to 5 to 10 new jobs everyday but sadly nothing.  Thankfully he has been able to pick up some part time work and we’re making it work.  And it’s nice that summer has started and he is able to help with the kids. 

Well back to the rain … hehe … It’s very cold around here so my crockpot and stove top have been getting a work out.  I found another yummy soup to keep our bellies warm.  I found this Cheeseburger in Paradise Skinny Soup on the recipe kitchen site.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Skinny Soup

IMG_6669

Ingredients

  • 1 pound extra lean ground beef
  • 1½ cups onion, chopped
  • ¾ cup celery, diced
  • ½ cup carrots, diced
  • 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
  • 1½ teaspoons dried basil
  • ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 (14.5 oz) cans Swanson’s reduced sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
  • 1 cup reduced-fat milk (1%)
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, not drained
  • 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced

Topping

  • 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
  • Ketchup
  • Yellow mustard
  • 1 dill pickle, chopped
Directions

1. In a large nonstick pot or deep pan, brown the ground beef. Stir to break up into a crumble. Remove from heat, pour into a colander to drain the fat. Set aside.

2. In the same pot, add the onions, celery, carrots, garlic and basil. Saute for about 5 minutes until vegetable are soft.  Stir in the browned beef and flour, stirring to coat the meat. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, milk, tomatoes and potatoes. Bring to boil, turn heat to simmer, cover and cook for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.

3. To serve: Ladle soup into individual bowls. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese and a little ketchup, mustard and chopped pickle. These toppings really add to the cheeseburger flavor!

Makes 6 main course servings (1½ cups each)

Weight Watchers

(old points) 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS
5

Recipes-001

Happy Tuesday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I really do mean it when I tell you how much I enjoy the pics with your sons helping you with a recipe!

    The soup sounds delicious. It is sunny and warm here today. I hope the sun comes out there soon and your husband finds a permanent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nummy! That looks so delicious! I sure hope Rick finds work soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about the rain! 10 days and counting.
    I hope he finds a job soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for Rick and for some warm weather to come your way!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Rick hasn't been able to find a job. I'll keep you guys in my prayers :-)

    That soup looks awesome! I'll have to try it this fall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh! That looks so good! So sorry Rick's been unsuccessful so far finding a full time job - here's hoping the perfect job comes soon!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover