Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Come Won Ton With me! (Ok it sounded funnier in my head)

Pin It Last week I told the PTF president that I would make something yummy for the meeting.  I found a great recipe of course on Pinterest a while back and have been dying to try.  It is I must say on the spicy side so most of the ladies only had one and I then was left with a crazy amount left over thankfully the principal loaded up and took most of them home with him.  Now these look harder then they really are, just a little time and you'll have a perfect party food!  



I made this Skinny Spanakopita from one of my favorite weight watcher sites Slender Kitchen.  I of course didn't have anything here so I had to send Rick on a run, which he did with big smiles and no groans .. hehe.

Weight Watchers Skinny Spanakopita 
Points: 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
Servings: 8
Serving Size: 3 Skinny Spanakopitas
Nutritional Info: 86.1 calories, 1.1 g of fat, 15.7 g of carbohydrates, 1.3 of fiber, 3.5 g of protein
Ingredients
24 wonton wrappers
10 oz of spinach (I used frozen but fresh would work)
1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 egg white, for egg wash
1 tsp olive oil
Instructions
1.Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes.  Once it becomes fragrant, add the spinach.   Saute until just tender.
3. Place the spinach mixture in a bowl and mix in the feta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4.  Lay out the 24 wonton wrappers on two large cookie sheets sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Fill a small cup with warm water and place it near the cookie sheets.
5. Begin assembling the spanakopita by placing a spoonful of the spinach and feta mixture in the center of the wonton wrapper. Wet the edges of the wonton wrapper with the warm water and fold over and press down to close. Once you have stuffed and sealed all the wonton wrappers, brush lightly with the egg wash or spray with cooking spray.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until crispy. Serve on their own or with marinara sauce for dipping.



Since I had half a pack of wonton wrappers left over I found another great recipe for our dinner weekly guest.  I had all the fixing for this one so no sending Rick to the store.  I did learn a great lesson using an old cupcake pan vs a new non stick pan REALLY makes the difference with you're out of kitchen oil spray. 



Next on the list is one I tweaked to be kid friendly off Emily's Bites (another amazing weight watcher blog) for these Mini Taco Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 ½ t chili oil (found near the Asian ingredients)
½ lb 95% lean ground beef
1 T taco seasoning
¾ c canned black beans, drained and rinsed
16 wonton wrappers (found in the produce section)
5 T + 1 t of queso dip or salsa con queso (I used Wholly Guacamole Queso Blanco)
1 c chunky salsa (I used Wholly Guacamole Medium Salsa)
1 c reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese (I used Weight Watchers brand)

*** I left out the chili oil, Black Beans and Salsa's - Due to not wanting to send Rick to the store again ... lol.  I did chop up some black olives since the boys love them ***

Directions:
1.    Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
2.    Heat chili oil in a sauté pan or large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and taco seasoning and brown beef, breaking it up with a spoon. Add black beans and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until warm.
3.    Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Spoon a teaspoon of queso dip into each wonton wrapper and spread across the bottom. Follow by spooning some of the meat/beans mixture into each cup (using about half the total mixture) and then splitting ½ cup of the salsa evenly into each cup. Sprinkle about half the shredded Mexican cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
4.    Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.


And this is what happens!
Either mush cupcakes or Nice cupcakes :)

Have a great week everyone!  I just know it's going to be a busy one here again!

9 comments:

  1. The recipes all sound good Alexis.
    I hope things are going well for your family. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I think feta cheese would make anything taste great. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you got me with the healthy version of Spanakopitas! I need to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny!!! Wow, two awesome recipes. They both look and sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start eating before I come here because I always leave starving!!
    This all looks so good :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little taco cups look outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've made the little taco cups with the wonton wrappers! So yum! I love pinterest :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent post. I learned a lot reading it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover