Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Friday, August 3, 2012

Fly in the Ointment?

Ok so I never really got that saying until I was invaded with these stupid fruit flies!  I almost wanted to coat my counters in ointment ... YUP you see how that one came around to the title?  I while back a few of my blogger friends posted about how to catch fruit flies, being the amazing person I am I made a mental note to check it and then of course lost who the heck it was (sorry girls).  So I went to Pinterest of course and found the makings for this fruit fly trap on Life as a Thrifter.





It was pretty easy to make, all you need is:

  • Mason Jar (I'm sure you could use something else)
  • Tape
  • Vinegar (Apple Cider is best)
  • Fruit (Suggested Banana but I only had a strawberry)
  • Card Stock Sheet of Paper

Take Mason jar fill with Vinegar, I put about 1 cup or less.  Dropped in the fruit into the vinegar.  I rolled the card stock into a funnel and inserted into jar.  Tape the lip of the jar around the paper to secure it and make sure the little buggers don't come back up!  Easy and I trapped a few after an hour or so!  I'm now sitting here with no stupid black bugs flying around my head!  Fruit and no open yogurt containers are allowed in the house for the rest of the summer!


Easy to make and you will get rid of those pesky little bugs!


6 comments:

  1. Oh it will take a while before you are rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK!! I am glad you found something to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's weird how quickly they breed in number!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hate those things! We haven't had a problem lately...maybe because of the AC? But when they appear it drives me crazy! Thanks for the tip I will try it the next time they're around.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad they are gone! We keep all of our fruit in the frig. Of course we haven't been eating bananas since they are high in carbs so those would stay out.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover