Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Wonton Rattlesnake Bites

I found a recipe for Rattlesnake bites on Pinterest the other day, it called for crescent rolls.  I didn't have any of those on hand so I thought I would create my own version of the recipe.  YES I had Wonton Wrappers on hand of course because that is the new must have theme in my house these days.  I know I'm obsessed with them, I can't help it.  They are just so versatile and I'm loving all these recipes I've been finding.  If you want more that I have done click this link to see more.


Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • Wonton Wrappers (24)
  • Cheese

Directions

  • In a large skillet, cook beef and chilies over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cream cheese, cumin and chili powder. Cool slightly.
  • Place one wonton wrapper in each cupcake pan (remember to spray the pan first so they don't stick). Place a scoop of the meat mixture into each wonton wrapper.  I used a ice cream scoop and just dropped into each one.  I topped with some low fat cheese to give it that extra little yummy factor!
  • Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.




Hope you enjoy them, I thought it turned out to be a pretty cool creation!

7 comments:

  1. I want! They look so good! I'm curious though. What is the fat and calorie count for a wonton wrapper? I can customize the insides, but I'm curious how those fare nutritionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are they rattlesnake bites if they have not rattlesnake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so delicious. You make the best things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, they are pretty low. I find them in most of the Weight Watcher Recipes I do. I looked it up:
    Calories 23, Fat 0, Protein 1, Carb 5. I usually will do non fat cream cheese, ground turkey, low fat cheese or you can skip but it's so little. Lex :)

    Patty - I believe for the chilli's and seasons has a little bit of a kick. But not sure I just used the name they called them :).

    Teri - Thank you me too!!

    Beth - Thank you so much hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanton wrappers are so cool! And I am totally addicted to cooking anything in my cupcake pan. Perfect serving sizes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They actually sound real good, may have to try this one

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover