Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mom 2 Be Gifts (Diaper Cake & Cookie Mix)

At our family reunion I had the chance to meet up with one of my dear cousin's who is on baby #3 (this time a BOY).  Oh yeah she is coming into my world of boy!  I don't get to see her very often and wanted to surprise her with a little gift.  I went on the search threw Pinterest of course for some good ideas!!

First off I have made this Bakeralla Recipe for Cowgirl Cookie mix in a jar.  I saw on Life in Wonderland this awesome idea to add a nipple at top to make the jar look like a bottle (I know how fun).  Now I was doing one for a boy so I just switched it up for the colors.  NOW remember when you put in the sugar, put the brown sugar FIRST then top with sugar.  IF not you will do like I did the sugar goes down over the candy pieces.

Cowgirl Cookies
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup m&ms
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 slightly beaten egg. 1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave). 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use the back of a large spoon to work it all together. You may even need to use your hands to get everything incorporated. Then roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
LEX NOTES:  For the jar add in the DRY ingredients with a NOTE to add the other ingredients.  I couldn't find M&M's so I used york pieces (the only Blue candy I could find).  I skipped the chocolate part and just used all the pieces.  I also skipped the pecans.


Next on the list was to make a diaper cake.  I didn't want to do the usual one that I do, so I went on the search and found this really cute Stork's Bundle.  It was on the Cricut website.   I couldn't find the cricut cut I needed (yes I called around to all stores around me and no luck).  So I hit up Google Images and found this Image.  I printed it on card stock, cut out the stork and added a little piece of blue card stock behind it to make it pop.  Now there wasn't directions on how to make this diaper cake so I winged it.  
Here is what I did:
Took 15 Diapers rolled them individually and wrapped with a rubber band.  I folded the receiving blanket to make the bundle look.  I made a pyramid of diapers and pulled up the sides of the blanket.  I held the top with a rubber band to secure it and then added ribbon and tied a bow.  I then cut a hole in the little stork I made and tied it on with a little ribbon.  (SEE the step by step pictures below for any questions or you can send me a note :)).


I hope you try one of these they are so easy to make and I thought it was a great personal touch to give to any mom to be!

8 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I've always wanted to try a diaper cake, but they looks too complicated. This one looks like a good first cake! Wonderful gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate spammers....

    They look lovely and I'm sure she was thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome gift idea! thank you for sharing the cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What mama to be wouldn't LOVE that? None, I tell you. None.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! You are so talented. I am definitely going to steal this for my friend's upcoming baby shower. She is having a girl, but I love the bottles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'v never seen baby gifts like these before. Both are very creative and cute.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover