Now for the treats for Cole's class. He and his friends always ask me to make cupcakes so cupcakes it is. I found these really cute Bunny Cupcakes on Paris Pastry's website. I loved the ones with the faces and the one that only had the ears and the nose was so cute too (before you put the eyes and whiskers on). I thought the younger kids would love the face ones and the older kids would love the ones with just Ears and Noses. Remember Cole's class is 3rd - 5th Grade so you do have some older kids in there.
I made a Yellow Cupcake Recipe I found on Women's Day's Website. Sorry no pictures on me making the cupcakes I was running around like a mad woman Tuesday night around 10pm making these so I'll leave you with the recipe link .. lol.
The cupcakes are super easy to make and decorate, hope you give these a try!
What you Need:
Cupcakes (Bake or Buy)
White Frosting (Make or Buy)
Orange Circle Candy
Black Shoestring Candy (Wilton's)
- Take marshmallow and cut in half, I cut diagonally to make it look like ears.
- Push the sticky side of the marshmallow in pink sugar (you can use whatever color you want).
- Take a cooled cupcake that you then frost with white frosting.
- Add Ears to the top of the cupcake.
- In the middle put a miniature orange candy for the nose.
- Draw the whiskers and eyes on with black gel frosting. (I used Wilton's Black Shoestring Candy for whiskers)
- Optional - If you want to do the other version, skip the black gel for eyes and whiskers.
I think they came out so cute! And pretty darn easy to make. The longest part was making the cupcakes.
Easter is Sunday what is on your plan to make?