Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, December 9, 2013

Holiday Cheer ... Mini Sausage Wreath

Next on the my list to make for the party was some party food.  I saw this idea for a Mini Sausage Wreath on Free N Fun (this is a great site for many cool ideas).   This was one of the simplest things I've made, Caden actually did all the rolling of the mini pigs in a blanket and helped make the ring to look like a wreath.  He loved it and I loved the help.  The only hard part was making a pepper shaped into a ribbon.  My ribbon wasn't beautiful but it gave the right look so people at least knew what it was .. lol.


Ingredients
Mini Sausages
Refrigerated Crescent Dough Rolls
Red Bell Pepper
Diced Rosemary
1/3 cup Butter
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the package of Refrigerated Crescent Dough Rolls. Drain the liquid off of the mini sausages.
  2. Unroll the crescent dough and separate at the perforations to create 4 rectangles. Press together the remaining perforation in each rectangle. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 8 strips making a total of 32 strips.
  3. Wrap one strip of dough around each mini sausage. Lay out the crescent-wrapped sausages with their sides touching on an ungreased cookie sheet in a circle forming a wreath shape.
  4. Bake for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown. Melt 1/3 cup of butter and brush the butter on top of the crescent-wrapped sausages. Sprinkle the rosemary on top of the butter.
  5. Cut a red bell pepper into a bow shape for garnish. Combine the BBQ sauce and cranberry sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until heated through. Serve with wreath for dipping.
ALEXIS NOTES: I skipped the rosemary.  The sauce I must admit was not for me, and most of the kids skipped it too.  It looked so pretty when it was done, I was very pleased with mine and Caden's creation!


Hope you are all have a great day!

Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE

4 comments:

  1. I would be willing to bet it didn't last very long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. I bet it was gone in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea Alexis. I never thought of doing this. We make the little hot dogs all fo the time. I will have to do this for Christmas.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover