Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tis the Season ... Homemade Butterfingers

Another easy and yummy recipe that can be whipped up and given as a gift.  Who doesn't LOVE homemade candy!  I found some cute Christmas themed bins that I found at the Dollar Tree and packed it up and gave it to the family my women's group adopted for Christmas.

I hit up Winco bulk section for all that I needed.  I've seen this recipe on many sites but I'll give credit to the site I pinned it from, Plain Chicken.


Ingredients:
1 lb. candy corn
16oz jar peanut butter (I used Peter Pan Honey Roasted peanut butter)
16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating

Directions:
Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals til melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Spread mixture in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Dip in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.

ALEXIS NOTES: I went to the bulk section and picked up candy corn (thanks to the little scale thingy I was able to get the right amount .. I doubled the recipe).  For the chocolate I used chocolate melts these are my favorite and are cheaper then chocolate chips in a bag (16oz equals 2 cups).  I used a silicone mold that I have that made the perfect bars.  I also experimented and used a snowman and gingerbread man silicone mold.  Have fun with it!


Are you already for Christmas?

Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE

6 comments:

  1. merry christmas to you and yours. We arent really doing it this year. no money to get anything and the girls are at grandmas. they got a few things from them and there aunt. so we are just getting by with just the two of us till the fourth of January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, tempting to eat :)

    Wish you and your family a very happy Christmas ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas. You are always tempting me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks easy enough for me to make without screwing up LOL. Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy Yummy! Merry Christmas Alexis :) Much love.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover