Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, February 24, 2014

Bring on the Diaper Cakes ... Palm Tree Diaper Cake

Next on the diaper cake train was the one I made for the Safari themed party.  I thought it would be fun to do a palm tree with a monkey hanging off it.  I saw a few different ideas on Diaper Cakes Tampa and More than Favors.  I took their ideas and ran with it.

I did my normal diaper cake base that I would do for a 3 tier diaper cake.  I rolled each diaper and tied it with ribbon that says "It's a boy" found at the dollar tree.  I made one round of diapers to resemble a base (like a round cake).  Tied it with a brown ribbon that reminded me of safari themed.  I usually am so good at taking step by step pictures but this time I was up until midnight the night before the party and my mind was not on picture taking.  

What you Need:
Diapers (around 50 per cake)
Wire Ribbon (to wrap around the base)
thin Ribbon (to wrap around each individual diaper)
Wire Palm Branch
Monkey (with long arms and long legs)

To roll a diaper I start at the fold of the diaper and roll into a tight roll (almost like a cinnamon roll).  I tie mine off with ribbon from dollar tree that say "It's a boy (or girl)". You could use a clear small rubber band if you want.  Put together around 45/50 rolled diapers in a circle and tie with the wire ribbon this will make your base of the palm tree.  I took 3 rolled diapers and pushed them up the wire of the palm branch (this will cover up the wire stem).  I found a monkey that had the long arms and legs that I wrapped around one of the tree's.



Do you have any upcoming showers to attend?

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

6 comments:

  1. So darn cute. Looks like it was a terrific party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a diaper cake like that before. Extremely cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo, so cute!!! Thanks so much or joining us at Freedom Fridays :) We'll be featuring this tonight! Stop by and grab a button if you would like one! The new party starts at 8:30 pm EST - we hope you'll join us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just way too super cute!!! Love them!!

    Hugs

    Ps Sharing and pinning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover