Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Soups On ... Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup (WW 6 Points)

Next on our soup journey is from another GREAT weight watcher website.  I found this Chicken Enchilada Soup on Slender Kitchen.  It was another easy soup that I threw into the crockpot in the morning and let it be until it was time for dinner.  The boys love Mexican dishes and this was perfect combo of their favorite food and a soup which was easy to make.


Ingredients
  • 1 lb. chicken breast
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 1 red pepper diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 10 oz. can tomatoes with green chiles (like Rotel)
  • 1 14 oz. can red enchilada sauce
  • 6 cups chicken broth
  • 1 tbsp. tomato paste
  • 2 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/4 cup masa harina (or corn meal)
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Toppings: chopped tortilla strips, chips, cilantro, onions, avocado, chopped jalapenos, cheese, Greek yogurt, light sour cream, etc.
Instructions
  1. Add the chicken breast, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, garlic cloves, salt, onion, peppers, tomatoes with green chiles, enchilada sauce, chicken broth, and tomato paste to the slow cooker.
  2. Cook on low for four hours. Remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks. Return to soup and add the beans.
  3. Mix the masa harina (corn meal) with 1/4-1/2 cup of water (more if needed) until smooth. Add to the soup and let cook for 30 more minutes. Top with 2 tbsp. cheese. You can also stir it in depending on your preference.
ALEXIS NOTES: I used a frozen chicken like I always do, right before I serve I put it in my mixer with the paddle and shred the chicken.  I used black beans that I made earlier and froze (that is why they look like a blog of black there).  I accidentally bought stewed tomatoes instead of diced so I put them in my ninja and diced them :).  

Enjoy you will love this one!
Something to keep your belly warm in this cold season.

Thanks for Stopping by!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE

7 comments:

  1. I definitely want to try this one, sounds delicious and black beans are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the seasonings you used in this. Sounds so good, Alexis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unnnh delicious, i love your blog, congratulations. Kisses from Spain. http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soup! This one sounds delicious! Pinned. I hope you'll link it up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop when you get a chance! Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover