Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Bring on the Diaper Cakes ... Diaper Cake Tub

When I went to visit with my coworkers last October they had a surprise baby-shower planned for one of our VP's.  I of course wanted to make something, and my brilliant plan was to make a diaper cake.  YUP I packed all the supplies into my suitcase, which caused me to go over the 50lb weight limit, thank God I got a nice lady who didn't charge me for the overage. 

My amazing boss stayed up with me the night before the shower and helped me create this awesome cake I found on Building it on Pennies.  It was rather easy to make an extra set of hands does help when putting the ribbon on. 


Diapers (Used around 40)
1-baby bath tub
1-baby bath gel
1-baby powder
1-baby lotion
2-teething rings (if possible red and blue)
2-baby wash cloths
1-Sm rubber ducky that takes the waters temperature
1-lg rubber ducky that covers the tub's water spout
1-Wire Flower (easy to bend to shape into spout)
 2" wired ribbon

Place diapers over the edge of the tub and snugged them up nice and tight.  Pull ribbon around and tie a tight knot with a pretty bow to hold all the diapers in place (we had to do a little tape to help hold the ribbon down).  For the water spout for this tub. I first roll some diapers and stuff in the tub to hold the spout in place. Wrap 5 diapers around a flower stem to create the spout.  Put ribbons around the rolled up diapers to hold them on.  Then put the tub's spout in between the other rolled up diapers.  Bent it over to look like a water spout, added the teething rings to represent faucets (red and blue would be perfect) and then add a couple of wash cloths over the edge of the tub. Placed extra diapers in the bottom of the tub to fill it up.  For the bubbles use some poly foam.  Float the duckies on top like they would in a bath tub.  Add extras like the lotion etc to the tub and present to the mom to be.


It was super cute but it will be perfect gift for a new or soon to be new mommy!

Do you have any upcoming showers to attend?

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

5 comments:

  1. That is wicked cute and seriously, what a fun idea for a baby shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat gift idea! I've never seen a diaper cake piece like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift.Thanks for sharing on Sweet and Savoury Sundays, stop by and share with us again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover