Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Funny Face Basketball Cookies Made (Royal Icing)

The last on our cookie theme this week is the basketball cookies I made for Cole's team. They had a great season only loosing 2 games and had some great teamwork. They had one game they came from so behind that everyone was giving up but they didn't and won the game by one point! I wanted to do something fun with cookies since every time I make cupcakes no one eats them. I figured cookies are easy to run around with since no one seems to sit these days. I saw these awesome cartoon basketball faces on Cheerful Momma's and thought I can do something like that. I did just the faces not the hoop but I think they turned out pretty darn cute!



What you need:
Circle Cut Sugar Cookies (I use my fav recipe at the bottom of post)
Royal Icing (I use the recipe in this post here) Orange & Black
Candy Eyes
Piping Bag (for the black royal icing)

I usually do the piping on and the flooding for the center of the cookie to fill it all in. I used the video by Created by Diane on how to dip and not pip on the icing. It went a lot faster and a little messy but great to do when your in a hurry. Before the orange set up I added the candy eyes. I then waited for the orange to harden and took my pipping bag full of black and made the lines of a basketball. I then did different mouths on each one. These turned out so cute I must say!



Sugar Cookie Recipe that is my go to:
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS:
1.Cream the margarine and add the sugar gradually. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition.
2.Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt gradually to the creamed mixture, stirring in by hand. Cover and chill dough overnight.
3.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
4.Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and cut into your favorite shapes. Place cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
5.Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 6 to 8 minutes or until cookie has a golden appearance.

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

1 comment:

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover