Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Apple Pie Wonton? Can it Be??

As you all know I'm obsessed with Wonton Wrappers recipes.  I bought a package before I started my new diet and had to use them up before they went bad.  It was our week to go to my friends house for dinner, and I wanted to bring something sweet for dessert.  I then went on the hunt for a recipe for what I had in the house.  Apples and Wonton's ... hmm what can I make?  I came across a few recipes that called for frying the wontons but I wanted to bake them (so they could cook while I was doing my workout ... lol).  Then I found the perfect recipe on Sugar Dish me.  I stuck to my diet and didn't have one but I heard they were very tasty and by the looks on the boys faces it was a hit.  I didn't tempt fate and bring any home with us.




Ingredients
24 wonton wrappers
4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
juice and zest of half a lemon (I just used juice)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
a dash of nutmeg
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
Topping (for the mini apple pies):
1/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons melted butter
non-stick cooking spray (for the muffin pan)
To Make
Pre-heat the oven to 350. Spray the mini-muffin with the non-stick cooking spray. Tuck two wonton wrapper into each muffin cup and then set aside. In a large bowl stir together the diced apples, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Fill each muffin cup just to the edge of the pan. In a smaller bowl stir together the wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle a little of this crumbly topping over each of the mini pies in the muffin pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the wonton wrappers are crispy brown and the filling is bubbly. Cool slightly before serving. 


Enjoy I will be working this week up at my parents house.  My dad has been released from the hospital.  He is doing well with his walker but is really tired and recouping.  I'll just be there in case he needs me.

10 comments:

  1. How you resisted those is beyond me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear your dad is home from the hospital. That is fantastic news. I hope he continues to recover well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound delicious.. and so thankful your dad is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness these look so flippin' good! I love anything with apple and these look so yummy! Thanks Alexis you always posts the best recipes!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexis, those look yummy. So glad your dad is home and how sweet of you to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for new ways to use wontons!! These look awesome!! Thanks for the recipe! Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover