Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Gift ... Thank you for helping us grow

Next on my list to do is actually one that I put together for our PTF president that is stepping down.  I wanted to do something memorable and something she could look back on years to come with a smile.  I saw several thumb print tree's for weddings but then I came across Plum Adorable that has a FREE printable if you don't want it personalized.  It is saved as a 8x10 but I took it to a print shop and had it blown up to a 11x17 since I wanted EVERY kid in the school put a thumb print on it.  We have 4 classrooms (K-8) around 80+ kids.  I gave each classroom a different color ink pad and then we had each kid put their init's below their thumb print.  


This is off her site, two colors to choose from.
This is the FREE non-personalized version
Teacher Appreciaion Gift Both Trees

I also purchased one with that has Caden's Kindergarten teacher's name on it.  Plum Adorable was very kind and added a bible verse I wanted on there at no extra charge.  (I'll show this one later when I get all the Kindergartner's thumb prints on it).  


Supplies
Thank You for Helping us Grow Printable (Free or Personalized for $12)
Ink Pad
Pen to write name or init's
Frame and Mat (I found mine at Ross $14.99)

Steps

  1. IF you don't buy the personalized one (which is mailed to you), you need to print the template.  As I said above you can blow up to a 11x17 with out it looking pixelated).
  2. Press thumb into the ink pad and then press onto the tree, we stuck around or on the flowers so the thumb's looked like leaves.
  3. Add name or initials depending on the # of thumb prints.
  4. You can write a note on print or the mat if you would like. (optional)
  5. After all dry, put in a matted frame.

This really is my favorite thing I've made!
I can't wait to see the kindergarten Class one done.


Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

12 comments:

  1. Yet another great idea! I bet any teacher would love to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Alexis, for putting this together for me!!! This was truly an amazing gift to receive. This was such a great idea. I love it. It means alot to me. I will definitely treasure this gift always. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome GrnEydGirl (AKA Angel, PTF President that will be missed). It was a pleasure to put together and I'm so happy you loved it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really sweet gift and I am sure it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seriously have the CUTEST ideas. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is super cute!! I love it. I put together our auction basket and that was fun to use some of my shopping talent! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea and it's SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover