Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, May 26, 2014

It's a Cake Thing ... Owl Diaper Cake

My coworker was having a baby girl and I wanted to make her a gift, since she lives on the other side of the US I wanted to find a diaper cake I could ship easily.  I saw several ideas for an Owl Cake on Pinterest.  I found a great video on Thom's Craft and good step by step on Book Worm Cook.

  • 36 Diapers (New Born size used in the example)
  • 1 Roll of Ribbon (1-inch Wide, )
  • 1 Roll of Ribbon (1/4 Inch wide)
  • 2 Cloth Flowers
  • 1 baby Wash Cloth
  • 1 Pair of Baby Socks
  • 1 Baby Bib
  • 1 Receiving Blanket
  • 2 pipe cleaners
  • Some Rubber Bands
  • Scissors
  • Tape
1. Make the body by packing the diapers in a circular shape (around 25 to 30 diapers used). I used my large cake pan. Pack as tightly as possible. Secure with a rubber band.
2. Make two smaller circles for the eyes, securing with rubber band (around 6 diapers used). 
3. Wrap a wide ribbon around the body to cover the elastic, use tape to secure.
4. Cover the body with the bib. Fold a washcloth in a triangular shape and tuck into the space between the eyes for the beak (I used an extra pair of socks I had).
5. Fold the receiving blanket to the width of the diapers. Use it to cover the top of the owl’s head. The ends should drape down for the wings.
6. Tie the smaller ribbon around the neck (under the bib).7. Tuck socks under the bias tape on the owl’s head for ears.
7. Take a pipe cleaner fold in half, insert a sock.  Tuck the ends of the pipe cleaner into the top of the diapers for the eyebrows.
8. Cut the wire off the flowers to be long enough to stick into the middle of one of the small roll of diapers (the eyes).

Hope you all had a great weekend and Thanked a Military person.

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

7 comments:

  1. So, Stinkin, Cute! You come up with the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! It couldn't be any cuter, girl! Nicely done!! Pinned ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and creative!! I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness gracious, that is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover