Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, May 5, 2014

Minecraft Birthday Party ... Grass Blocks & Creeper Rice Krispy Treats

Next on my Minecraft domination party was rice krispy treats formed as Dirt Blocks and Creepers.  NOW I saw some pretty cool ones and one by Nerdy Nummies but my first fail was that recipe.  I tried to do the black chocolate melts stenciled onto a wax paper to form creeper faces.  It didn't work at all!  So I went to my back up of fondant cut out.  I found these really cool Dirt Blocks on Haniela's.


For the Rice Krispy's you do a normal recipe

What You Need:
6 Cups of Rice Krispies (I bought mine in bulk section of Winco)
3 tbs Butter
1 (10oz) package of marshmallows (I use minis)
Food Coloring (Brown, Green)
Black Chocolate Melts or Black Fondant

Melt Butter in a large sauce pan over low heat.  Add Marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Working quickly add rice krispies cereal and stir until the cereal is well coated.  

At this point add the food coloring.  I usually use Wilton Icing Colors, but I found at Hobby Lobby AmieriColor that comes in a great squeeze bottle.  I will use these to color my fondant and icings from now on!  I made 3 batches, one using brown color and 2 using green color.

Using a buttered spatula or wax paper (I use wax paper that I spray with pam) press into a greased pan.
Mincraft Dirt Blocks

For Dirt Blocks I pressed Brown rice krispy Treats into my silicone pan.  I then topped with green rice krispies.  I let them set up then cut into blocks.

Creeper Rice Krispies

For Creepers I pressed Green rice Krispies  into a greased pan.  When they set up I used my square Wilton Fondant Cutter (bought on Amazon) to make perfect squares.  For the Creeper face I used mine Creeper Cookie Cutter (bought a set on Amazon). Since the cutter had the square part too I just pulled off the outside square leaving me just the face.  I then placed the face onto my squares.

A few more things to come to finish out the party!  I hope you have enjoyed all the items.

6 comments:

  1. Those came out cute. I've never been to a Winco's , do you like the store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creeper Rice Krispy Treats?! You thought of everything! ;) I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat! Gotta like a sweet creeper lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Love all the Minecraft ideas you put together! Thanks for linking up to my Creative Ways Link Party.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover