Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Minecraft Birthday Party ... Creeper Cake

Now for the Cake!  Now I know everyone makes fun of cupcake cakes but I really think this one turned out cute.  PLUS it's so much easier to dish out!  The kids and adults all seem to really enjoy so that always is a plus!

This looks like a lot of work but it actually came together really quick and easy!


What you need:
Chocolate Cupcakes
Square Cupcake Pan
Square Cupcake Liners (Block Design)
Frosting (I used My Sturdy Buttercream)
Fondant (I used My Buttercream Fondant)
Food Colors (3 Shades of Green, light, medium and dark)
Cake Board
Cake Box
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
2.In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
3.Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Make 25 cupcakes, I stretched the recipe and it made 27 which was great I had 2 that didn't rise right. I took my cake board and made a square 5 high and 5 deep.  I frosted the cooled cupcakes, now I don't do the light dusting when putting on fondant.  I have a fondness of sugar as you all now so I put a THICK layer of frosting on each cupcake.

For the Squares, I took my white fondant and broke it into 4 balls.  At Hobby Lobby for $1.99 (Amazon wants $3.75) I found AmeriColor Gel Paste. I picked 3 greens (Light = Avocado, Medium = Mint Green and Dark = Forrest Green) and Black also.  You can pick whatever 3 green's you would like.   I kneaded in the greens and black and then got to work.  I rolled out my first green and took my square fondant cutter to cut out my blocks.  You need 3 Black, and 22 green (7, 7 and 8) also 2 small squares (1/4 of square) and 2 half squares.

Play around on how you like the greens to look I tried to do every 3rd block the same color but had to play around when I got to the black spots.  For the mouth of the creeper I laid those 2 small squares and 2 half squares on top of the green so the mouth was a little raised.

I placed on a silver cake board and then put in a cake box that traveled nicely to the party on my friends lap :).



Any Themed Parties planned?

9 comments:

  1. That came out awesome!! The kids must have been so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am not a baker but its nice to see the recipes. hope all is well. miss you guys. i havent blogged in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! And best of all it's portioned already and second best of all, it doesn't explode!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party! Thanks for linking this great cake up to my Creative Ways Link Party. I'd love to see more fun posts from you at this week's party!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son is absolutely batty about Minecraft. He will love this!

    If you're looking for more Minecraft cake inspiration check out this post <a href="http://www.badgirlbaking.com/cakes/20-totally-awesome-minecraft-cakes/>http://www.badgirlbaking.com/cakes/20-totally-awesome-minecraft-cakes/</a>

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried &amp; True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover