Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Let's Play Ball Gift Basket ... School Auction

Cole's class room theme was sports for the school Auction.  And yet of course I didn't want to buy just a bunch of random things and give it to the school.  I thought it would be fun to make a themed basket myself to add to their basket.  I was going to do football but I couldn't find what I wanted so I went with baseball.  I'm so not a sports girl so I thought I was pretty awesome when I found the basket in the colors of the Mariners (our Baseball team) ... only to have Rick tell me yes it's a Seattle color but that would be for the SeaHawks football ... lol.  Oh well I tried and I don't think any one is going to complain.


I hit Walmart and got all the items I needed:

What I used:
Fabric Basket $1/97
Baseballs $1.57 Each
Cracker Jack $.99
Vitamin Water $.99 Each
Sunflower Seeds $2.97
(I wanted to get some big league gum but couldn't find it for the life of me)

I took some scrapbook paper ($.59 Baseball & $.49 Grey & Brown) and cut it to fit the basket.  I then hit up my Cricut and cut out a fun saying of Let's Play Ball.  I took some spray adhesive (that I found in Rick's man cave) and sprayed the paper onto the basket.



It took me less then 5 minutes to put together but I think it would be a cool gift for your sports fan in your life!  

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  We have a one party plus my women's group from church is having a dinner out!  Yes I'm so excited it's going to be a good weekend!

14 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!! That Big League Chew is hard to find these days, but I remember LOVING it as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute basket. My Grandson is very into baseball...... thats all he talks about. He would love to be on the receiving end of a basket like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just a too cute idea!! I love theme based gifts:)

    Just returning your visit and I am glad I did. I am now following via GFC and Google +:)

    I would love to invite you to share this or any of your other favorites posts at Freedom Fridays Blog Hop (Live now)

    Also if you have time, please hop over and join Lets Get Social Sunday (goes live at 6am est every Sunday) and link up your blog and all your social sites to meet new friends and gain more followers!! So Hope to see you there:)
    http://www.myturnforus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea! I really *need* a cricut machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That came out really cute!
    Have a nice weekend .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea I'm pinning this for when we have our Silent Auction at our school in May.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very cute - I'm sure they will love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love how you added the scrapbook papers to enhance the theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a neat basket for those who are into baseball. Something like this would make a nice gift for my 14 yoa son. I may just have to try to make one for him for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute basket! That would be a great gift basket for a baseball fan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're just pretty much a master at everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all your baskets!! This one is fun, too!! Thanks so much for linking this up at my Show Off Your Shell Party!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover