As most of you know that I LOVE to do theme gifts and giving something that is unique and not just the usual item you buy and throw in a bag. My best friend's son (my dinner guest every other week) had a birthday a few weekends ago. She loves to do experiments with him. So when I came across this science kit on I Can Teach My Child. I had to make it. It was so simple to make, I picked up most of the items at the Dollar Tree & Walmart. This super cool kit cost around $20 and I swear was a HUGE hit worth so much more.
She even put together a really cool pdf that you can print with experiments and what is needed for each experiment. NOW you MUST sign up for her email alerts to get this download (I will NOT add a link here, you have to go to her site, click on the link science kit above to get the FREE download). You can always create your own, but I'm all about the easy and really a few extra emails won't kill me.
What you Need:
- Download and Print the Fascinating Science for Kids eBook
- Matching Printable Gift Tags
- Goggles (Alexis Notes: I gave up finding in the winter so I skipped!)
- Personalized Lab Coat (a men’s white-collared shirt from Goodwill with the child’s name written on it) - Alexis Notes another item I skipped
- Rubber Bands
- Food coloring
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- A few tablespoons of Yeast (Alexis Notes - I picked up the 3 pk of yeast)
- 2-Liter of Diet Soda
- Bar Magnet (Alexis Notes - Couldn't find so skipped)
- Rock Salt (Alexis Notes - Couldn't find so skipped)
- Radish seeds
- CD/DVD (Alexis Notes - Left out)
- Cap of a Sports Drink (Alexis Notes - found one on the side of Rick's bed .. lol)
Combine all of the materials and print off a gift tag. Wrap up the basket in some cellophane and add your tag! I just printed and added a paper clip. You could laminate the pages back-to-back and bind them with a metal ring, if you want.
I skipped a few items due to time and well I couldn't find at the two stores I went to so they will have to just pick those up. I loved this gift so much that I also made it for my bosses son. He is a great little guy who loves experiments and I just knew this would be right up his isle. I mailed it off and my boss let me know it was perfect for him. SCORE!!!
Happy Monday hope you all had a great weekend!