Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Grandfather Book (Or Father's Day Book) from the kids

It was my dad's birthday last week and funds are a little tight around here so I wanted the boys to make something special for my dad.  I found this on Pinterest for a fathers day gift and thought this would be perfect for my dad.  Cole when he first started to talk started calling my dad "Bapa" we have no clue where this came from (my mom he named Monnie, I guess it was like mommy so he went with it).  So with a little letter switching I made this Father's Day Book into a Bapa Book for my dad's birthday.  You can always take her design and go with dad (since father's day will be here sooner then you know it, plus it lands on my birthday this year ... whoo hoo).

My Juice Cup came up with this Father's Day Book (I tweaked it a bit for Bapa).

My "Bapa" Version
Her's said Dad with a D
What you Need:
Card Stock Paper (I used Brown, Green & Blue)
White Paper
Ribbon (I used Green & Blue)
Hole Punch
Colored Pencils

NOW she printed a D and then traced onto Card Stock and cut it out.  I'm a little on the lazy and time crunch side so I went to the Cricket used the largest setting typed a B and then went one size down and did another B.  I then went to a size or two down to type in the word Bapa.  I then cut down the brown card stock to make a smaller book, then I cut down some white paper and folded it in half to be like book pages.  I put the brown on top to be the cover and back of the book.  I then took my glue stick and added the big B and added a smaller B on top of it.  I then added Bapa at the bottom.  I then added two holes with my hole punch.  I added some ribbon and tied it threw each hole.  I did two colors to give it a little something extra (you can use only one if you want).  And hey it reminded me SeaHawks football team .. brown for the ball and Green and Blue for the team colors ... ok I'm reaching here but you could do it in team colors :).



When book is complete let the kids color and add notes on the white pages.  A book made especially for them from the kids.

8 comments:

  1. I certainly hope we get to see the finished product!! I love the idea and your dad is going to LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is a cool idea. This would even be nice to make for Mothers, Sisters, Brothers.. etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the book and I bet your dad loved it too! Happy Birthday to your Dad.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea!! I am sure your dad loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine 'Bapa' loves it! Very fun idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea for a cherished keepsake. You did a good job crafting it.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover