Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mickey Mouse Party ... Food Ideas

And we end with the fun themed food made for this party!  I had so much more planned but time got away with me with work etc.   So we end with some fun food items!


Here is what we have this post:

Caden actually made these himself for me!  All I had to do was the cut the tops off the strawberries and wash the fruit!   Found this idea on Creative Kid Snacks, they did Minnie so I just switched the name to Mickey :).

Mickey Mouse Bow-Ties



Strawberries
Grapes (or Blueberries)
Plastic long toothpicks (found at Dollar Tree)

Wash the fruit first, then cut the tops off the strawberries.  One strawberry then grape then end with strawberry on the toothpick!!  Super easy and they were so cute, so many compliments on this one!



Mickey Mouse Watermelon



Watermelon
Small Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter


Cut your watermelon thin I did not and it made it hard for the cutter to cut through.  I put them in my nice serving tray and perfect size for little hands.


Mickey Mouse Cookies



Ingredients:
2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Adjust oven racks to upper and lower-middle positions.  Preheat oven to 325°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.

Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside.  Mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined.  Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined.  Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Roll dough to make Mickey's ears by taking about 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of dough and rolling into balls. Make 12 of these small balls.  Next divide the dough evenly to make 6 balls for Mickey's head. Using the two prepared cookie sheets, place 3 balls of cookie dough for Mickey's head on each cookie sheet, evenly spread apart, then assemble the ears in the correct position to make the Mickey shape leaving a tiny space between the ears and the head.

Bake, reversing positions of cookie sheets halfway through.  Bake until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy, about 11-14 minutes. Do not over bake.  Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

I found this idea on Love to be in the Kitchen.  So her's came out perfect, MINE expanded and looked like Mickey needed to go on a diet.  So I did what anyone would do, cry ... THEN I took out my cookie cutters, I was able to cut one big cookie and 2 small cookies in Mickey shape!  She also dipped the ears in chocolate, but let's just say I was lucky to get what I ended up with. 

Mickey Mouse Munch



Lastly but as I was told by everyone at the party this was the best stuff ever.  I found this GREAT recipe at my amazing friend Brenda over at Chatting Over Chocolate.  Her's was much prettier then mine because I had this brilliant idea to pipe my chocolate on.  WELL I couldn't find my pipping bag to save my life and thought I'll just use a zip-lock bag. WELL the bag exploded the chocolate gobbed in a big ball so I went to plan B and put the mix with the glob in a bowl put the lid on and shook it up!!

Ingredients:
Popcorn, popped
White Chocolate Almond Bark (I used Red Wilton Melt's)
Red and Yellow Mini M&Ms (I used Red, Yellow; Brown M&M's)
Red and Yellow Sprinkles (I skipped)
Boston Beans (they were Red)
Chocolate Covered Raisins

What to do:

Spread popcorn out on wax paper (or foil) covered baking sheet.  Drizzle chocolate over the popcorn (now this is where a heavy duty piping bag is BETTER then a zip-lock bag).  Add your candy (I added in the Boston Beans and Chocolate covered raisins for the red and brown color).  I added in yellow, red and brown m&m's.  I thought the red melt would be perfect for a pop of color. NOW if I did it correct it would be pretty ... but as I said it tasted awesome.

And that is a wrap on our birthday party!

Mickey Mouse Projects Done:

10 comments:

  1. You are the party planner of the century!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the food ideas! They turned out cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a Mickey party! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so smart. Great idea making all those mickey shaped foods. I love the watermelon cutouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh how fun. Zoe wants a Minnie party so these tips will be handy when I do that for her. Love the watermelon Mickey's:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful treats! Must be fun to go to one of your parties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Grandson loves Mickey... I guess we all did as kids... I still do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE all of your party food!!! (I so should've eaten lunch BEFORE visiting you today!! lol!) So happy that the Mickey Mouse Munch was a hit!! YAY! :) I thought yours looked pretty tasty too! *tummy grumble!* haha! :) Thanks for sharing this terrific post, and for linking to my blog too! You're the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic idea! ...Thanks for sharing it here

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover