Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, December 8, 2014

Cinnamon Bun Popcorn

Next on my list to do before I left for Boston was to make a treat to take with me.  I love to make caramel corn it's easy and always a hit.  I of course can't make the same type each time, so I found a recipe on Food.com for Cinnamon Bun Popcorn.

Ingredients:

12 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels or 2 bags of microwave popcorn)
cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
cup brown sugar
teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup real butter (= 1 stick)
teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pieces white almond bark or pieces white chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Pop your popcorn according to directions. Be sure and check for any UN-popped kernels, those are the WORST to bite into unexpectedly.

Place popcorn and chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside.

Combine brown sugar and cinnamon, butter and karo in a medium sized pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to rolling boil. Remove from heat and add your vanilla and baking soda. The baking soda will make your caramel mixture foam up and rise, don't be alarmed, it's suppose to (this is why you need to use a tall sided pot if you have one).

Pour your caramel mixture over your popcorn and pecans and stir well.

Spread popcorn mixture onto a foil-lined cookie sheet. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and let cool down. Break into bite size pieces. Store in an air tight container.

Alexis notes:  I made blow your mind microwave popcorn, that way you're popping your own popcorn.  I had some of my homemade butter left over and used that. I also used Wilton Melts in bright white to drizzle over the done popcorn.

Any treats planned to make?

Thanks for Stopping by!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

9 comments:

  1. I am drooling over here. That sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this kind of popcorn before. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! I happened to looooooove cinnamon and this is so perfect for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is high on my list of treats I want to face plant into. I make a similar recipe to this and it is divine. As a matter of fact..I may have to make it soon. Since it's "let me eat everything until January" season. (yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I love the let me eat everything until Jan season :)

      Delete
  5. OMGosh I tried some and it was so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover